1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone had any luck finding 2600K ?

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by brissifirey, Jan 9, 2011.

1. lilldill

lilldill Member

Its not a chip recall, its a motherboard recall. I Recommend that everyone with an asus P8XXX board unplugs all data devices from the light blue sata ports (sata II) and plugs them into the sata II ports, as putting them in sata II COULD CORRUPT THEM

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Thanks, will do. Is this only for Asus mobos? Not all brands?

:thumbup:

3. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I recommend that you don't know what your talking about and should stop sprouting misinformation.

4. hungrynic

hungrynic Member

Damn, just got a new motherboard yesterday.

Might still have interested in your CPU tho.

5. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

True I guess, they are talking about degradation of the chip that supplies power to the sata2 ports right? So supply voltage is reducing over time right? Not overvolting to fry our hard drives right? Its unlikely to cause a corruption issue, just eventually it wont detect anything on that port, right?

If thats all then Im not overly fussed until it happens then rma. Until then- let the benching continue.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

6. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

It's been said in all the press releases, and commentary from various sources, but it's basically a long term degregation of the pathways to the sata2 ports, which AT MOST will throw up errors and will simply reattempt to transfer data. Over time, this could get bad enough that more errors are happening than data is being transferred. Hence it's not something overly concerning.

Most people should be able to go along with their lives fine, and when you have the spare time for computer downtime, get a RMA swap* at your place of purchase for a fixed motherboard.

*Retailers that have stock, and aren't all around jerks.

7. Lucus Maximus

Lucus Maximus Member

Batch L051954

Recieved my 2600K from Scoptech today. It's batch is: L051A954 Can't wait to see what it can do.

Now to decide if I just get a cheap (P8P67 LE etc) mobo and upgrade the family PC at a later date and get a Core i3 2100 for it (they won't ever need more than 2 sata ports) or Just hold out for the revised chipsets to come in.

-Lucus :)

8. lilldill

lilldill Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  9. Azz123

Azz123 Member

So if one wants a mobo with no potential issues what should they be looking at? This potential issue relates to all current P67 boards doesnt it?

10. bbjayo

bbjayo Member

If you're relying on a functional SATA port to secure your 3tb of data then you're an idiot.

It looks more and more like a gradual degradation so there's no need for anyone with SB boards to do anything until april 1 at least :)

bb

11. lilldill

lilldill Member

mm you raise a good point. I was told it was worse than that, but heaps of ppl are saying its fine for now. thanks (btw all my friends have copies off all my "data" so im fine ;) )

12. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Who told you it was worse that that? As the original Intel press release certainly didn't.

13. NewKleer

NewKleer Member

so who has 2500k in stock? (and isnt still gouging - probably no one yet). hopefully prices will come down to normal quick when people stop buying motherboards

14. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Any luck with this yet?

15. KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

Ive seemed to of hit a wall with my 2600k, can bench 4.6ghz easy but as soon as i take it any higher will fail to boot. Besides upping vcore, what else should i be doing. Seen the same batch do 5.6ghz, just cant find any decent guides around

16. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

There are good and bad within the same batches too so you can never say for sure how well one will go.

17. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

just grab the phone book and phone everyshop around you and ask the smaller ones to ring you and reserve one you lucky sob's:thumbup:

18. KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

got any tips or know any good reads about overclocking this cpu anyway? I feel could get alot more from this cpu, temps dont even hit 70° with ram at 2133mhz feel there is a bit more inside

19. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

20. davidcarney21

davidcarney21 Member

Synnex jsut got 100+ in stock in melbourne :D
    according to my work login :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011