1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how to adjust the colour on a tabletop cocktail arcade machine with LCD

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Kong Computers, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Kong Computers

Kong Computers Member

Hi there,

I am hoping that someone might be able to assist me or point me in the right direction.
    I bought a tabletop arcade machine about 10 years ago. I can’t even recall the shop that I bought it from, but it is from Victoria.
    The name was something like Arcade Gaming Australia or similar.

I am experiencing a lack of the colour red on the screen (you’ll notice no red on the cherry on Pacman, plus other shots washed out) and hoping that I could get advice on how to adjust.
    I have attached some pics for reference.

I would appreciate any advice that you could offer, even if it was to help in tracking down the shop that I got it from

Thanks for reading my email and thanks in advance for any assistance

Cheers
    Kris

Attached Files:

2. power

power Member

Any way to try another display?

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

First things first, find the video cable and give it a wiggle at both ends. Likely just a standard VGA cable with on end in a small 60-in-1 gameboard, and the other end into your monitor.

4. darkmenace

darkmenace Member

Id say if this doesn’t fix it, try a replacement cable and if that doesn’t work, a suitable monitor replacement will need to be found.

5. OP
    OP
    Kong Computers

Kong Computers Member

OMG yes this worked, all the beautiful colours are back. It was the cable going into the monitor. Thank you to all 3 of you for answering :)
    Kris

darkmenace, Pierre32 and elvis like this.
  6. Vanne

Vanne Member

purrfect!!! :D