1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Satisfied with Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Infest, Mar 3, 2007.

?

Are You Satisfied With Vista?

1. Yes, I've Had No Problems

294 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No, I've Had Problems Since Day 1

196 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. I Don't Use Vista

611 vote(s)
    55.5%
  1. Infest

Infest Member

Just click on 'Windows Operating Systems' to see a list of 'Vista - not working', 'Vista won't turn off'. So I was just wondering who, if anyone, is actually getting positive results from Vista.

I've added a poll, so please vote. I'm not sure whether to stick with XP until patches come out fixing the problems (if that will ever happen) or just forget Vista for a few years altogether.

Cheers.

2. Abercrombi3

Abercrombi3 (Banned or Deleted)

how about the " i installed vista, it worked fine, but it sucked monkeyballs" option :)

3. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Fact is i only recently stated using vista due to it not installing (bsod'd on first restart). Now i have it running after having a play with it for a while.

If u are using XP and cant fix anything when something goes wrong, or have no technical knowledge (rely on a 3rd party) to fix your pc when something goes wrong then obviously Vista should be the last of your worries, until more support drivers come out for it, and patches etc.

Vista, like all new generation hard/software will require some tinkering with (fixing problems, upgrading drivers) for a while until it is widespread enough with answers to most problems.

Fark, there are even people still posting threads on quirks they are having with XP...does that mean they shouldnt have bothered with it, and stayed with win 2k..?

If you expect that there will be problems with vista and competent enough to deal with minor issue, then go for it, buy it and use and post about whats gone wrong and learn something in the mean time...

BTW i didnt vote, because the answers to everyones question relys on your skill level, and how farked you can be with not everything working 100% as yet the same (if not better) than XP.

4. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

This is hardly surprising. Most people don't post threads just to say "I just installed Vista and it's working fine". They only bother to post a thread when it's not working, so obviously it looks like there are far more unhappy people than happy people.

5. OP
    OP
    Infest

Infest Member

This is apparent from the poll, but I was just curious. No need to flame my curiosity please. :( :( :(

6. Biovore

Biovore Member

I for one have 64-bit Ultimate installed and haven't had a single problem apart from the weakass Nvidia driver support (which is on it's way to being improved with the 101.41 drivers which fix a lot of broken things for me like scaling and AA)

I'm glad I moved to Vista. All the programs and games I used to use with XP work just fine on Vista. I haven't found one single thing that made me wish I was still using XP.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  7. TOFUGil

TOFUGil Member

yer I like it, on Vista 64Bit ultimate every thing I use works even Open Office :)

8. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

I'm sorry, that wasn't meant to be a flame. It was just meant to be a general comment.

9. -=N0N@ME420=-

-=N0N@ME420=- Member

Wasn't meant?

It wasn't..

It wasn't even the slightest flame, if it was, it was the worst kind of flame, a non-insulting, non-abusive informative critical comment.

10. CaptnMooCow

CaptnMooCow Member

I have tried Vista x64 Ultimate but my sound card (Creative Audigy 2ZS) didn't work very well. Cracks and pops when there was a little cpu load and I didn't like the way they changed sound controls in Vista. Have they since fixed this problem?

11. Omarko

Omarko Member

using Vista Ultimate since the day it launched, no problems AT ALL ... after u turn of the User control its a beauty ...

fast, responsive, stable. Have not had one crash since day one.

very happy ...

12. zeltra

zeltra Member

Vista was not worth the problems that came with it. If it was some groundbreaking spectacular piece of software then maybe I'd keep it and try to fix the problems that I'd been having, but for such a minor difference/improvement from XP, why bother? WinXP on the other hand, was a HUGE improvement from Win2000/WinME, so it was much more bearable when problems arose.

I'm probably not going to upgrade to it again until it becomes the norm for everyone to run it.

13. Biovore

Biovore Member

Problems like what exactly? I bet most if not all of them can be solved or worked around.

Try the new 101.41's. They fixed a few problems for me, like AA issues, scaling, and some multi monitor problems I was having..

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just playing around with it again......and I'm slowly getting used to it and customising a lot of it back to Windows XP look and feel.

Must be a video driver thing but I notice slight lag in apps like IE when scrolling, anyone else get this?

15. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

There is a new gadget i installed in the sidebar which takes all of the icons off the desktop

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=4ccdc564-3d94-48a5-82f6-4693940e4ab6&l=1

Along with a clock, internode usage meter, and weather gadget i can remove all icons off the desktop, and take everything off the start bar. It leaves a very clean desktop window which i like, with the sidebar opacity set low....

16. TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative Member

I contemplated using Vista, but 3D Studio Max and Backburner isn't supported. Apparently the software is written specifically for XP or something.

I need more RAM too...

17. zeltra

zeltra Member

18. Bangers

Bangers Member

I'm on Ultimate with Norton 360. Pretty good, everything's working including my $70 Streamzap remote. It's fast too, I don't play games though. I do need more memory (1gb) and a decent video card though (x600).

19. AMD2400

AMD2400 Member

im on home premium running a AMD2400+ with 512mb ram.

it works fine and hasnt chucked a fit on me yet.

Its just the fricking drivers thats hard to get.

AMD2400.

20. Jarnzie

Jarnzie Member

Very, very happy with Vista. Using Ultimate on my main rig and Home Premium on my Media PC. Found all my drivers straight away (on the 4th of Feb when I got Vista), from the G15 keyboard to my HDA Xplosion sound card. I have had 1 problem with Vista, MTA doesnt work, or I was too stupid to get it working