anyone used #lastpass#

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Will S, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Will S

Will S Member

its a online password manager that also gives you the option of autofilling forms and credit card details

It looks good but noway will I give it credit card details ?

anyone know it ? its free but has a premium account for $1 per month ( not that I would pay for it )

Putting all your details online with passwords etc and if someone hacked the database.......:thumbdn:

still...... for your everyday passwords for forums etc etc

2. BluBoy

BluBoy Member

KeePass.

- Is same/better than Last Pass.
    - You own the key file.
    - Key file can be added to google drive/microsoft skydrive/dropbox/your online storage of choice if you want to transfer it between devices easily.
    - Has clients for multiple devices

3. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I don't use lastpass, but a service they bought called xmarks. Saves login details and passwords etc, but doesn't work on creditcard payment pages. Haven't had any trouble with it yet :thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I have used password safe for a decade or so and the only reason I ask about lastpass is that I received a promo in email. Having it all stored on line would be good and easy as hell but wouldnt it be a great scam...........

they could end up with all your banking details including credit cards , identity theft made easy

5. stevodude

stevodude Member

Used last pass for forums n stuff for the last couple of years. Works pretty good. Need to pay if you want the mobile version, or just use browser on phone.

6. MR RB30

MR RB30 Member

+1 for KeePass, using the KeeFox plugin for Firefox, auto fills and auto logs you in to websites.

7. Joe Public

Joe Public Member

From their website -

and -

Anyway, FUD on.

8. rkaid

rkaid Member

Heavy Keepass user forever, game changer. Sync via drop box to all machines regardless of base OS, android/iOS etc. Like many peeps here, used LP for forums etc, for a few years but have now managed to transition less PC literate friends n family to it, master password is the same as local PC login so they only need to know one PW.
    Shame no LP for Chrome browser on android yet. *That* I would pay dearly for.
    Google LP for hacks and vulns, there haven't been many issues. The few that have occurred have been non issues for those with long non dictionary master pw"s. Everything is encrypted locally, they dont have the password so all they see is the noise. Supports Google authenticator, yubiKey, offline one time passwords for net cafes etc.

Use it now. The only decision u need to make is do u move the more serious things like paypal, eBay, etc into it.