1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

AOC AG352UCG 35" 100Hz G-Sync VA monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by dcyloo, Jan 21, 2017.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Interesting - seems to be the same panel that's in the Microboard M340CLZ/MX34VQ. Very well priced, whos up for a gamble? :weirdo:

2. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

Hello and thank you for your interest! We do not open the units for inspection as they could no longer be considered new. We offer a 30 day return policy and a three or more dead pixel policy. Unfortunately there are no International Warranty Services or Providers, and we are unable to cover the cost of International return postage.
    If you have any other questions, email or call us M-F 9:30 to 5:30EST at (877) 246 4672. Have a great day!

im defintely waiting to see if HDR bring prices down but seems $800 will be the cheapest for a 34" ultrawide for some time yet

3. kthomp37

kthomp37 Member

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2QN4YP

The reviews for other monitors the company puts out seem pretty positive.

4. amisty

amisty Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  5. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

got my x34 today.

so how long before my eyes adjust back to 1440p. looks terrible compared to 4k the extra smoothness is nice though no screen tearing in witcher 3 at 100hz

7. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

eta of my AOC AG352UCG: 1st of May :(

8. Ash_

Ash_ Member

Was Sooo going to pull the pin on a X34 last night since they are on special again but decided to tough it out for this monitor,hope i don't regret it :Paranoid:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  9. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

10. xtortion

xtortion Member

Is that a glossy bezel ? :tired:

11. Little Man

Little Man Member

I have to say, as vain as it sounds this flimsy looking gloss bezel is almost looking like a deal breaker for me, especially after having a U3415 with basically no bezel.

12. Ash_

Ash_ Member

My AOC AG352UCG is on the road probably get it Monday, tomorrow would be nice but doubt it :thumbup:

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I reckon it would be hard to go back after you've been with thin bezels. They should all be very minimal these days imo. I don't care so much about glossy but I do care about bezel thickness.

14. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

got my AG252UCG. First impressions: great screen. I mounted it on a retractable monitor mount, looks great.

I got the dreaded flickering though quite noticeable in total war warhammer at the end of each turn. This because cpu is calculating AI turns then which drops fps dramatically below gsync range => flickering.

Turning gsync off for total war warhammer "solved" it. Don't need gsync in tww anyway. Other games like kf2 or bf1 work perfectly with gsync on ( and there I do need it) so in the end I'm still quite happy with the screen.

Also no dead pixel and non noticeable backlight bleed, so that's a big relief.

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No takers for the Philips 40"?

16. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

not yet no :( trying to sell it here on the forums but interest seems low. Is my price too high you think?

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Price seems ok given the good condition. I think monitors can be hard to shift on here, especially more expensive ones as no one really likes to post them which is limiting.

18. Ash_

Ash_ Member

Mine turned up today at lunchtime :thumbup:
    Checked for dead pixels there where none, no BLB sweet
    I used the settings off this page https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-ag352ucg/
    and looked good, tonight i put in the ICC profile and that made a difference especially on the desktop also following the instructions on the above site. The bezels are smaller than my old asus 120 MHz so that's not an issue. I to get the Gsync flicker but i can live with that till/if nvidia fix it. WoT and MWO look and run great BF1 just about brings my OC 1080 to its knees on ultra with med post processing 60~70 fps in game most of the time but runs smooth with Gsync.
    Definitely a keeper for me.:D
    P.S. had to change the aspect in the preference file of WoT to get the best result with 21:9

Edit: In all the excitement i forgot to turn the res scale back in BF1 from 140% now it's back at 100% i get 80+ fps

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  19. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

Yeah I also get 80+ fps in BF1, looks glorious on our UWD!

I got a strange issue, in some games the monitors turns off and on again repeatedly for a couple of seconds when I have gsync enabled. Happens in kf2 and dying light. Doesn't happen when gsync is turned off. Doesn't happen in BF1, regardless of whether gsync is on. Could reproduce it very easily yesterday.

Today I've disabled msi afterburner and rivatuner and can't reproduce it anymore now. Maybe their overlays were messing with the gsync fps detection or something, strange...

20. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

I remember having some funny issues with G-sync while running msi afterburner and rivatuner last year (RoG Swift IPS Panel) so don't believe it's specific to your monitor or the specific monitor model