1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

AOC AG352UCG 35" 100Hz G-Sync VA monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by dcyloo, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

ah thanks, that's reassuring :)

2. Ash_

Ash_ Member

Just came across this over at overclock.net regarding the Gsync flicker

Hi XXXXXXXXXXXX,

this is a known issue from Nvidia please note the following:

Nvidia will release new driver for NV graphic card by 5/26
    Nvidia will release new firmware by 6/30 to whom already has unit on hand and users can do the self-update using PC via DP connection

Regarrds

AOC
    Envision Peripherals Inc.
    Sr.Technical Support
    Juan Pablo Guerrero
    Juan@epius.com
    www.us.aoc.com
    :thumbup:

3. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

why would nvidia release a new firmware for an AOC monitor? If there's new firmware I'd expect AOC to release that, not nvidia.

That nvidia would release new geforce drivers does make sense though, hopefully issue will be resolved then.

4. Ash_

Ash_ Member

Firmware will be for the Gsync module in the monitor so it will be Nvidia that release it

5. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

that actually makes sense. Fingers crossed!

edit: on overclock.net people are reporting that the driver has already been released and that it indeed fixes the flickering. Good! Will test tonight

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  6. Ash_

Ash_ Member

yea mate 382.33 is the one, it fixes the flicker on my monitor on loading screens will be interesting what the firmware does

7. WallySimmonds

WallySimmonds Member

Seriously contemplating replacing my U3415W with one of these (or the upcoming Z35P from Acer).

Anyone used a IPS UW and one of the VA UW's? I've heard this panel can look 'TN-Like' from one of the users on overclock.net, and that's not something I'm really keen on.

8. Ash_

Ash_ Member

Mate a couple of dudes over there have been slamming these monitors,the HP omen and the acer all the same panel no end, if anyone says their happy they just put them down
    Here is a review by pcmonitors if you haven't seen it already
    https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-ag352ucg/
    Unless your doing photo editing or such i don't think you got to much to worry about, are they perfect no, are they good i think so.Just use the ICC profile on the CD that comes with it, the colour settings in that review if you like they are good i personally just set sRGB with 60% digital vibrance in Nvidia control panel
    BTW i am Driller_au over there