AOC CQ27G1 Availability

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Deus_Ex_Machina, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Anyone heard anyting about this one being available in Aus? Super keen t seen what price it lands at (if it lands).

2. LeNwAr87

LeNwAr87 New Member

I actually sent PCCG a message regarding this monitor the other day. I figured because they have the 32" model that they may be getting the 27" model. The person that emailed me back said they definitely will be getting it in, but didn't have a timeframe or any pricing info yet.

3. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

OK cool. Hoping the price point is good as the rest of the range seems to be well priced and reviewed.

4. Azzan

Azzan Member

$329-$349 @ Centrecom, PCCG & Scroptec.

5. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

I'd say that's the 1080p flavour Azzan (no Q in the model code). 1440p version is on the way I believe.

6. danyell

danyell Member

Why not the 32"?

Does it not rate as well?

I've got a Dell 27" G-Sync 1440 and want to get free of nVidiuh. Often think I'd like it that bit larger for gaming

7. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

It rates OK but I think 27 is prob the sweet spot for me. I have a corner desk and I think the 32 will be too big and I like a really sharp image for non gaming work(main reason I'm going 1440p not 1080p even though my GPU is a bit underpowered). By the time I get time to play through my backlog my 1660 will prob be a 1080+ .

The VA this series uses will be a trade off. Response won't be that of a TN so not for the competitive esports gamer but for me I'm over shit colour and contrast of TN and from what I have read AOC have implemented increased response time modes relatively well (with a bit of a trade off again in brightness but my room is dim and I don't run high brightness anyway).

Long answer but for a jack of all trades this and the similar MSI line are the contenders for me.

danyell likes this.
  8. LeNwAr87

LeNwAr87 New Member

I agree about the size. I'm currently using 24" monitors and feel like they are a good size for me, so didn't want to go too much bigger. I was also wanting to move to 1440p for a higher pixel density. I was considering the 32" model, but after a bit of research it turns out that 1440p at 32" is about the same pixel density as 1080p at 24". By going with the 27" model I think I'll be happier with the increased pixel density and the size should be better for my needs, not to mention saving a few bucks.

9. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Anyone heard anything on this? Centrecom were a "we don't know as yet" also. Cmon AOC I wanna buy one!