Aorus FV43U 43" VA/QLED/4K/144hz/HDR1000/HDMI2.1

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by .Radiant, May 9, 2021.

1. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Just noticed this pop up at a few retailers and looks pretty interesting

AORUS-FV43U|AORUS

Buy Gigabyte Aorus FV43U 4K UHD 144Hz HDR QLED 43in Monitor [AORUS-FV43U] | PC Case Gear Australia
    43" Gigabyte FV43U AORUS VA 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor | CA (computeralliance.com.au)
    Buy Now | Gigabyte Aorus FV43U 43" UHD 144Hz 1MS HDR1000 VA QLED Gaming Monitor | PLE Computers

Pretty fresh, nothing in terms of reviews, only thing I can find is a initial user impression over at Hard

Seems to be the best entry in the 42-43" range at the moment, BGR subpixel arrangement and poor local dimming sucks though. Anyone looking at grabbing one? at full price ($1699) it's bit close to the CX48 for my liking but on sale for $1300-1400 I might bite.

2. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Looks like a mildly updated version of the panel in the PG43UQ (the 'update' seemingly being a quantum dot filter on the panel) - still cheaper though.

But yes - the BGR layout is an automatic 'no' for me.

3. nope

nope Member

already out of stock price gouged oh boy this is getting silly
    looks like a cool screen tho but my next upgrade will be oled

4. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Geerseekers seems to be a huge fan of it, check out his review

5. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Thinking of getting this for the office, could run a custom ultrawide res when working and switch to full 4K for gaming....hmm!

6. OP
    OP
    .Radiant

.Radiant Member

raincloudx likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    .Radiant

.Radiant Member

8. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

hmm buy the instock and price match on the preorder :leet:

9. BIG DWIFTER

BIG DWIFTER Member

One day they'll get through the billions of FHD 24" 60hz monitors sitting in wharehouses that are already sold to distys awaiting shareholder profits.

Until then we're screwed for any technology that's actually useful today.

This is a nice monitor but how is it possible this is basically it in 2021.

10. OP
    OP
    .Radiant

.Radiant Member

[​IMG]

grabbed one :leet:

11. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

"Tactical" - :lol::lol::lol:

The branding on PC hardware is hilarious.

havabeer likes this.
  12. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

umart appears to have them in stock now -
    does anyone have one yet?

Opinions?

13. OP
    OP
    .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Been using mine for over a week now, fantastic gaming and media performance.

I haven't played competitive or fast paced shooters but have played through RE2:R and playing through Days Gone now. I've got it set to the HDR1000 profile with "Smart Overdrive" on. Little to no ghosting or overshoot with the correct overdrive settings. Some noticeable black smearing transitioning from dead black to bright scenes, dark to bright isn't an issue though, only dead black. HDR performance is absolutely stunning on this monitor and I won't go back to gaming on an SDR only screen. The brightness on this monitor is pretty wild too, was very surprised to find it can compete with indirect sunlight, no more seeing my ugly reflection in the glossy surface during the day :tongue:

Wouldn't use this for productivity unless you sit a good distance away (1.5m+) and work regularly between 4-5 documents, cleartype settings make the BGR pixel arrangement better but it is still noticeable. Text just isn't as sharp as other displays.

OSD is... crap, too many options and no clear way to understand which setting you have to be in to enable certain options. You can connect a USB cable from the monitor to your computer and use OSDsidekick to control the settings but there is no way to control the HDR profiles lol.

Happily recommend the display if you play a lot of games, even moreso with the improved HDR support in the most recent windows insider preview build (autoHDR on SDR games actually looks really good). If this had FALD as opposed to edge lit local dimming and a RGB sub pixel arrangement it would be perfect.

Elmf and darkbastard like this.
  14. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

awesome write up

15. shadow85

shadow85 Member

Interesting. Hey you wouldn't have an OLED display to compare it to would you?
    The thing is I have been looking at this FV43U because I really want to downsize from the CX48. 48" is still far too big.

But the only thing is, I don't want to compromise on HDR gaming experience at all. I keep hearing the FV43U has top notch HDR quality which is good, but then the OLED I am currently using has infinite contrast and perfect blacks ontop of it's 800 nits HDR features. So if I go to this FV43U I would hope I am not downgrading image quality too much. Still mentally debating this, I really dislike 48" for gaming, way too big, so yeah I may bite the bullet for this 43".

16. LaMMi

LaMMi Member

Has anyone used this with the new macbook air? more importantly OSX in general? apparently the fonts without smoothing looks like crap. If you have used it could you please kindly comment?! would love to hear about it before I jump in!