REVIEW Aorus z370 Gaming 7

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Will S, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Will S

Will S Member

ok, the mobo has all these lovely LEDS and effects all over the place but controlling them is a different matter. The software is appalling and I have just removed most of it except for the Arous Graphics Engine . I use that to set my own fan settings for the Aorus 1080ti and basically thats all it does. Don't try to control the mobo as well because if you try to sync you lose the monitoring features
    The memory slots are so close together unlike the Strix X99 it replaced but the build fired up first hit and in that regards hasnt missed a beat. Not o/c and will wait until next winter when it will be used as my heater

Aorus has a new forum and I am not the only one happy with the software

maybe its just me but I regret buying this top of the range motherboard

2. toto7677

toto7677 Member

I found controlling the RGB lighting for both the MB and GPU easiest if done through the APP center and RGB fusion. I then control the GPU fan settings through Aorus Graphics Engine.

I had the same issue of losing settings when trying to use Aorus Graphic Engine to control the RGB for both.

3. OJR

OJR Member

Yup works fine for me. I am not controlling the LEDs for anything else but the mobo. Like toto, I use it via pp centre.

4. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I cant even control the Mobo LED's through the BIOS ...have it turned off in BIOS for when in soft mode, sleep etc but now it stays on. AGE is good for controlling my GPU and my LED fans are all controlled by LINK software ( Corsair Commander )which is set to change colours based on my GPU temp...........and whatever the motherboard does, it seems to blend in but wont touch Gigabyte APP again.

Also the error message itbm driver not available exiting application on every start up is annoying....not sure if this has anything to do with it

Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology (Intel® Speed Shift Technology) (Note) Enables or disables Intel® Speed Shift Technology. Enabling this feature allows the processor to ramp up its operating frequency more quickly and then improves the system responsiveness. (Default: Disabled)

Have installed the Intel Driver and Support System but it shows everything is ok.......................may change the above to auto but it may have nothing to do with Boost

edit: just had a thought on LED's , maybe having the LED control left on in Aorus Graphic Engine for motherboard caused conflict with Fusion in the GIGABYTE apps

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. dinos22

dinos22 Member

Don't use both, they can conflict. What can't you control? Just install the "APP Center" and then RGB Fusion and control from there. I control 4 things from RGB Fusion on my new rig, motherboard (Z370 Aorus Gaming 7), GPU (Aorus GTX1080Ti Extreme), keyboard (Coolermaster RGB thingie keyboard) and mouse (Coolermaster Mastermouse Pro L). I haven't had any issues doing whatever I want. To be able to control multiple devices I had to go to Advanced Settings in RGB Fusion software to do that. Also, I needed to use Advanced settings as Cablemod RGB/W strips have a 5pin header and you have to manually turn on white channel in Advanced settings of RGB Fusion. One annoying thing is the GPU does not sync the same speed and colour range compared to the motherboard. This is something that I address in Advanced settings and left GPU static and rest flashing at slowest speed.

Another note in terms of fans, CoolerMaster RGB fans are compatible with RGB Fusion software and work great and sync perfect. Corsair ones don't, I have both and since I really like the white look of the Corsair fans, I left them on and cut off the RGB control cables anyway.

Re itbm drive, odd one, was it a fresh install? I generally only install the chipset driver (Intel INF installation) and then component drivers for LAN, audio etc. Download from website

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  6. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I must admit I dont like RGB fusion...........it feels clunky and not user friendly at all. Have disabled the lightning effects in AGE for the motherboard but I use that software for controlling my GPU fans. Basically use Corsair LINK software for controlling fan colours and speeds ( have set them all up to keep an eye on the GPU temps ). Motherboard now has purple minor effects and with the fans it looks good.
    Did an upgrade before installing and got the error ITBM and then did another clean reinstall after....................still get the error but its only a minor annoyance

7. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

getting error message.....and its to do with RGB

8. dinos22

dinos22 Member

show some shots of that, interested to see what it looks like

9. dinos22

dinos22 Member

ill ask

10. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG]

that is my fan setting............I have fans set up all different depending on where they are

11. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG]

LINK is a bit buggy as well and the latest fixed a major problem but lost the colors ( minor ) of the fans...actually with Gigabyte apps and RGB fusion LINK really did play up so just removed Gig apps and fusion

12. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG]

and here you can see AGE again not showing the motherboard

13. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG]

and this one shows the way I have my GPU setup...I found I had problems with heating up and I think maybe sometimes the fan didnt come back on. Very happy with this setting

14. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

[​IMG]

the color scheme changed....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  15. Noggin

Noggin Member

Is anyone using both the lan ports on this board and does it make any difference?
    And where have people placed their 2 thermal sensors? I don't really see the point in them unless you want to know the room temperature or something

16. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I would assume having one just above your graphics card ...........and I may put the other on my M.2 drive but they wont be the Gigabyte ones. Will use the ones from my Corsair Commander and use LINK for monitoring

17. dinos22

dinos22 Member

Hi mate,

I got some feedback. Two things were discussed with HQ FAE team, RGB Fusion software and any possibile issues and also we discussed your other problem related to ITBM driver.

Here is the info related to RGB Fusion:

Tested Win10 RS3

All drivers + App centerB17.0816.1 and RGB B17.1024.1 from our website

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-dl

We didn’t see the error message when every time start up the system.

The CPU resource is about 1% at idle.

Please make sure it is fresh Win 10 for Z370, not upgrade from X99 or X299 OS.

Here is the info related to ITBM error:

ITBM is Turbo boost driver.

Please ask user try doing diskpart before freshly reinstall his OS.

NOTE: Please back-up all data into other hard drive before doing Diskpart disk. This will clean your hard disk.

For more detailed procedures for Diskpart, please check this link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  18. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

thanks for that but I have just done a clean install.............am quite happy to have RGB Fusion not installed as well as not installing Gigabyte apps

as for the Turbo Boost driver ......well may just leave that alone

19. zehoo

zehoo Member

Anyone else find that playing videos through the onboard sound goes out of sync after a while? I also tried the drivers that were released yesterday and they don't even work.

Plugged in my x7 and no such issues.

edit**

Oh well after uninstalling and reinstalling a few times it must have fixed something and audio isn't going out of sync now.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  20. dinos22

dinos22 Member

Yeah no issue here, good to see you addressed it