AP-AC-LITE connected, but not broadcasting SSIDs

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by SamNabz, Jan 25, 2019.

1. SamNabz

SamNabz Member

Hey all,

I have 1x AP-AC-LITE device which disconnected randomly several days ago. I factory reset it and was able to re-adopt it in my controller and configure it again. All looked well (connected etc.); however, it is not broadcasting either of the 2x configured SSIDs. It was working for about a year without issue prior to this occurring.

The AP is definitely online; I can ping it + SSH into it, but no SSIDs appear to connect to (they are not hidden). I've disabled the 'Uplink Connectivity Monitor' setting, and ZHO was never enabled. Also I can confirm that the WLANs appear in the 'Config' tab of the AP.

Both the AP and controller have been updated to the latest firmware (v4.0.15 and v5.9.29 respectively), but that did not resolve anything. I still cannot get the SSIDs to broadcast... Any ideas on what else I can try before resorting to lodging an RMA request?

Note: I know there are quite a few threads regarding this issue on UBNT. However, I have tried all of the suggestions in them, to no avail.

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Sam.

2. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

If you create a new WLAN group with a test SSID, does it apply correctly and broadcast?

3. OP
    OP
    SamNabz

SamNabz Member

I created a new (test) SSID when troubleshooting last night, but that didn't broadcast either.

4. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Sounds like you know your way around Unifi gear and done the obvious troubleshooting. Fairly good chance it needs an RMA.

The only thing I would do if possible is test on a different controller to see if its a setting in your controller.

5. timace

timace Member

Just for the sake of it, try downgrading firmware to 3.9.54 - I've found that the most stable for me at work.

edit: Also, when you make changes, does the AP show up as 'provisioning'?

6. OP
    OP
    SamNabz

SamNabz Member

timace sorry for the late reply. I've just downgraded to 3.9.54 but it's still not broadcasting the SSIDs. And yes, it provisions (successfully) when changes are made.

This has me completely stumped, as everything appears to be working.. I'm not sure what I'm missing. Nothing was changed for over a year until it was disconnected last week.

7. timace

timace Member

Damn. Short of setting up a new controller (VM perhaps) and trying with that, I'd say your AP might be stuffed. Might need to raise an RMA request with Ubiquiti

8. OP
    OP
    SamNabz

SamNabz Member

Set up a new controller, but that didn't work either. I wasn't able to get it working, so have raised an RMA request through the vendor I purchased it from. Very strange issue...

Cheers to all that tried to help :)