Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. japes

japes Member

The packs aren't worth buying at all. So much filler shit. Stat tracking lines should not be handed out on a per character basis. They should be standard.

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

If i ever get back into Australia i might try and play with some OCAU peeps! :D

3. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

I really wish they could filter by age to keep the Fortnite kiddies in their own lane... nothing more annoying than grouping up and having a high pitched, pre-pubescent squealer REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ing on and on.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i'd be worried if there was a guy in their 20-30s with a high pitched voice that sounded like a kiddie LUL

5. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

The one's that have been our third squaddie have just been awful. Mic inside their mouth, high pitched, trying to explain the game to me and give basic obvious instructions... really hard to resist the urge to tell them to STFU and wait until post-puberty.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

LUL

7. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I literally wont play alone. I just find it to dull and frustrating. That goes for any multiplayer. Between pc and xbox I've got no shortage of people to play with.

Origin: Osprey_SSJ4
    xbox: OsP x SSJ4 x

If anyone wants to add to their list :)

8. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

My RTX2070 died this morning. Now to see if this will run on my old GTX770 I found in a box...

9. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Hopefully it just works.

(also my condolences)

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

The in game VoIP is like the lowest voice quality I've ever heard. It makes good mics sound like ass. Hopefully gets bumped up.

11. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I'll be happy if I can get it running at 1080p low settings >45fps... That'll at least be playable... Stupid Umart and their "it'll be 2-6 weeks" warranty service :(

12. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

How to Pathfinder grapple like your a Titanfall Pilot

13. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

I really need to get a mic already..

I was never a fan of PUBG, hence was quite skeptical of this.

I like that the maps are condensed with multiple levels, buildings, random objects - the action feels more consistent and interesting. It's also fairly forgiving in regards to TTK, not just 20 minutes of running around to die to a doubletap from some dude jerking off in the bushes.

Gotta say though, the game feels and runs great. Very polished and a solid release.

Long term though, i like to respawn easier.. I'll play this until BFV gets better.

14. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Me and the misses son have been playing this since release. Absolutely loving it although hard to find that 3rd person except for rando's.

Me and the "step"son have been consistently dealing out 1200-1500dmg per round and taking 3-4 kills each. Loving it! :D

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I play alone at the moment too. If I am grouped with clearly experienced players, I'm thankful. If I am the only player with kills, and/or with highest experience, it doesn't matter. I don't cry about it like a moron. Every game is an opportunity to get better.

Best round so far is with 7kills, while top in group had 8, and lowest was 5, we won that particular match.

Still very much learning the ropes for me however.

16. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

Same on learning the ropes. I've only played 4 games, going to play some more tonight now I've done some work around the house haha.

First game was a few squads that dropped down together.. didn't last long. second match we won, third and fourth match we placed third.

I've been sticking to the medic support class and hoarding shields to drop for teammates, support fire, reviving, spotting, etc. Working well so far now that I keep shooting until I see a damn box.. so many missed kills.

I'm still getting my head around the item system. It's great they've simplified it to classes but I *know* I am still taking too long to read what shit is first.

my origin ID is sparksta_au, anyone here feel free to add me. I don't play a lot but i'm happy to squad up if in a game.

Also.. now ordering a nice mic. Should be here by the end of the week..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Add me if you want. Buffalowing88

I may or may not care to talk. And may or may not randomly AFK (young kids). But when I am there I do shoot a lot of people often.

We can just gate crash japes discord. He won't meind.

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Alot of people say this games runs well but it actually doesn't run that amazing for how it looks. I think the (modified) source engine struggles in larger maps. Perhaps just like the CS Go BR did too.

2560x1440 I am often seeing 70 fps on ultra. I had to lower a few settings + set adaptive vsync to 90fps min and still notice Res dropping slightly.

It's not terrible but def needs improving. Battlefield as an example looks far better and runs much nicer.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/apex-legends-pc-performance-analysis/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I dropped everything to medium ish. 3440x1440. Runs pretty solid. Was fine on Ultra just some dips I felt.

20. cmi83

cmi83 Member

Have to say this game definitely has a learning curve. Not "bad" by any means at Overwatch, BFV, Fortnite etc. can usually come in the top range consistently but wow I am utterly f@#$ing useless at this game in the 60mins played so far :)