Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I'm down with this banner concept. If you can clutch it, get banners, go all the way to a respawn station you should be able to get teammates back. It's a good addition.

A lot of aspects are well thought out. I don't like the slidey glidey, high ttk and graphical styling, but everything else is well done.

cmi83 likes this.
  2. japes

japes Member

I don't like how every time you make a squad you need to set it to private so people like Benno1988 can't worm their way in.

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

LUL

4. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Why do you have details turned up. It distracts massively from the actual gameplay and your concentration when heaps of flashy shit is going off. That's just my opinion though.

Rocking 160+ fps @ 1440 with all settings turned low except model detail.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's not like you're gonna notice the dynamic shadows or volumetric lighting so those can go away :D

6. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Might have to play around with it, so long as it doesnt look horrible.

7. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

How good is Respawn patching games? Never bought Titans series and only played the beta. Just wondering is it all going to shit like BF after the 1st patch?

Fast pace and not building shit, seems like a solid start release. It's the 1st battle royale I like and it's pretty enough imo.

cmi83 likes this.
  8. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I've got everything on low except model detail and textures. I'm using an R9 390 at 2560x1440 so I need to keep it low to maintain solid frames.

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I'm like 62% sure you're joking but it still hurts.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it doesn't look too bad without volumetic and dynamic lighting....barely noticeable really.

Some of the ground textures are a bit ugly when you see the seams (see pic below). Other than that it doesn't look all that bad on mostly low-med settings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.
  11. burnout915

burnout915 Member

I don't know if there's something about this game but I seem to be able to spot enemies in the distance alot more easily compared to pubg/fortnite.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

My settings for a 1070

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still don't get the texture streaming budget setting.

13. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Up to a few wins now, both with mates and with randoms, think my best effort was a 7 kill win with 2 other mates (we got 16 kills as a team).
    Still loving this game, only bugs i am getting are still all party/menu related. Although a mate of mine was getting constant crashes for a day or so over the weekend.

I enjoy the time TTK tbh - even if it has fucked me multiple times.

14. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Yeh we touched on it before. It's soooooooooooo easy. Pubg you would actually have to scan around and use scopes to check. But this you can just jump do a 360 and if someone is in view you'll see em at any distance.

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I think spotting is just right. I can spot others easily with a scope or even just a slightly magnified sight, within reason obviously. But also, moving in the right line to avoid your own outlines from being obvious also works, I've easily snucked past players or evaded battles doing this.

Had some more impressive battles and wins yesterday including some funny ones where it was just all hot-drop gang-bang punching and kicking madness, LOOOOL.

walker_2003 likes this.
  16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

17. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Player models have kind of a slight inwardly glowing silhouette. I love it... no eyestrain :D

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

As much as some people r whinging about that I think its good, sure some heroes abilities are not so useful by yourself but meh it will be good to go in and have some fun without pressure of playing with randoms. And Duo's is perfect as often its hard to get 3 mates all keen to play at once, but 1 other, pretty easy.

19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Had a game where one bloke left before we jumped, and the other just after we landed when he realised we were down to 2, was actually fun being able to cruise around at my own pace and not have to focus on where my team was etc, I enjoy the 3v3's but will welcome the option of doing solos...

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

I agree that the game isn't designed for solo play.
    Most of the class abilities are designed to work in a group, especially the medic. Teams that pick classes based on ability composition rather than solo preference - dominate.

The TTK is designed for group play as well, and seems to be a good balance of survivability vs team play. STICK TOGETHER TEAM.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019