Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yep. I played a few games where the person controlling the landing stormed in the first door, and took all weapons, leaving me with none :(

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

That's on you, always split off near the ground and spread. When people don't it is considered poor form.

3. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

It's a bloody team game??? How is that considered poor form? Especially when there aren't many places near by?

Get out of it.

4. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

The goal of the game is to win as a team, to do that you're all going to need firepower, one building will *maybe* gear 1 person; so you're wasting your time all flooding one building. You want to land at a cluster of loot spawns and peel off within about 50m of each other- gather weapons then re-form and kill every other prick that landed in the vicinity.

5. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Totally agreed, the best games are when players ping items for you and have an eye on your situation. Definitely helps when you call out what you need. Much better having a well kitted back up than someone who is miles away because they are without anything.

The whole middle mouse button pinging system is awesome, makes communication soo easy without the use of a Mic

6. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Been trying to keep up with this thread, but it's pretty long. I noticed a couple of people played 15 mins and uninstalled it. Maybe the BR genre is not for you. Personally, I did not enjoy my first hour of playtime. I like the concept of BR, my first taste was ARK Survival of the Fittest, probably played 20 games or so, Loved it! But it wasn't popular, it was very clunky and I was horrible at it. Then I played PUBG with mates who were fairly into it. wasn't a huge fan I didn't like how I couldn't see anything, and it was such a campfest. Our typical game was drop into a quiet area, stare at the ground for 5 minutes looting, camp for another 5 minutes then move from the ring of death and get 1 shot from miles away. So when we started playing apex, I had a very similar experience. But I could see that the interface was soooo much better. I was staring at the ground alot, but I could see that with a couple of games under my belt I wouldn't be. Everything was simplified and cleaner. So after half a dozen games without getting a kill I was getting annoyed at the game. But once I started getting into some fist fights and winning, I was having a blast. and soon after that I started to gel with some of the weapons. and then the map starts become familiar, so when you drop in you know where the guns are likely to be, and where there is good cover etc.
    TLDR: play more, get familar with the guns, get familar with the map, get some kills and have a blast. Don't rage quit cos you lost your first 5 games. Remember it's a 20:1 chance of winning not counting skill.

RTX 2060 here had lots of random crashes. updated drivers twice, no help. ended up downgrading to 417.71. not a single crash in 4 days.

Ideally all 3 split off into different buildings, but it doesn't always happen. If you know your team mate is looting the same area, then once you pick up your first weapon, u should leave it for your team mate. Once everyone has 1 weapon it's loot everything and sort it out later.

Even with no weapons you can easily get kills punching people. I have heaps of fun just punching people.

7. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Sort of, the thing about Apex is there is almost zero penalty for dying- you can either get revived or redeployed so you have to get comfortable with trading kills, couple that with the relatively high TTK and quick weapon switch times. One player with 2 weapons can actually be better than 2 players with 2 weapons.

This all obviously works a lot better if you're playing with a squad of 3 mates, with randoms it is a little harder to co-ordinate.

8. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

9. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ah I wondered how I died a couple times when going to a place far away and see nobody jump with us but they are coming outside fully kitted.

10. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

You just bad.

*runs*

11. asho444

asho444 Member

Wifey and gave it our first chop yesterday, managed to get champion once after about 10 games with one random, mastiff kicks ass!

Really enjoying it so far, I am wondering how this is going to stack up against brv:br odd timing again by ea.

Been mostly playing "shield guy" and loving the mortars for a good rush

12. CZA

CZA Member

For the record, I haven't had any crashes at all. Nor have I had any wins for that matter.

AMD Ryzen 2700X
    AMD Vega 64 (reference)
    - Adrenalin 2019 (19.2.2)
    Windows 10 1809

13. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Shroud using/promoting said exploit:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyNimbleAnacondaDAESuppy

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

He does that until they fix it. Did shit like that in PUBG. Issue that doesn't get fixed for yonks, Shroud does it in front of 50,000 people and suddenly it gets fixed.

15. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Yeh I'm fine with this sort of thing. It forces the devs to either fix it, or endorse it... either way the playing field is leveled.

16. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

TBH I am pretty bad at this, my decent aim doesn't help in this all too much. Though ive started using more light ammo guns and they r nice!

17. Frag

Frag Member

Wow had good night last night, we won 2 in a row, then 2nd after and then won another and then top 3 a couple more before winning a 4th :). Finally at that stage where I know the good landing spots and getting used to just killing for loot rather than looting for it :) Much more fun that way and you let all the others do the hard work for you. Also got a good feeling about which guns suit me so sticking to those when I see them.

Servers were still having some issues for us but we may have connected to singapore at some stage, and seems that a friend who was crashing quite is doing a bit better. I havent crashed mid game yet so not sure what the issue is for others, whether serverside on certain connections or something running in background :(

Anyway, good game still playing mostly Bangalore as I get better then probably focus a bit more on wraith and lifeline.

18. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Having some decent rounds but the random squad mates get a bit tiring sometimes. Went 7 kill 1500dmg, and the other two did like 150dmg combined after I saved their arses twice.

19. Sledge

Sledge Member

Sounds like one of them might have been me ?? :)
    I'm so rusty with FPSs it's not funny.. but i'm trying !! and learning!

20. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Fully kitted R301 is like a damn laser!