Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

I'm surprised they haven't released a patch to address anything yet

2. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

They have, like less than a week after launch they have addressed some stability stuff. It will be a work in progress troubleshooting all the various hardware and driver combos that are causing the crashes id imagine.

3. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I really hope so, this crashing is so random as well.

As long as they dont do a DICE and break more then they fix then spend months of fixing the fuckups they've created.

4. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Official 50 Million players

5. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Fair enough. Still no game comes close to the intensity of a PUBG top 5 in final circles though. Apex isn't even remotely close. But over all apex polish is refreshing.

I'll still be going back to PUBG here and there.

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

sick of being matched with noobs that just drop straight away along with 1/2 the other squads all into the same area

7. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

I saw some tips going around advocating this as the way to "git gud" - jump early, get into a firefight sooner, either die or don't, get a lot more shooting practice into the average game.
    Frustrating to be stuck with if you don't expect it though.

8. Sledge

Sledge Member

if your squad know what they're doing sure, but if they don't and you're left on your own with no guns....

9. mtma

mtma Member

Sprint dance, punch the weak.

Really nothing you can do about it. Don't waste any more of your time, go fight something and q again.

Sledge likes this.
  10. munch0r

munch0r Member

11. japes

japes Member

This strategy is entirely dependent on how solid you are at FPS games in general. If you think you've got sub-par aim and movement, dropping early gets you into the action sooner and helps your gun knowledge, aim, and movement - you essentially got more practice in a short amount of time.

What these people generally fail to tell you is that early success is almost entirely dependent on luck of the drop. People aren't dropping there en masse every game for practice, they're dropping there for the same reason they dropped school/Pochinki in PUBG - 10% of the time they'll luck into a good armour/gun drop and get to feel powerful for a minute or two. Even bad players with purple armour and a Peacekeeper in the first minute of the game can find success.

If you genuinely want to learn the game, drop high value late or find a few regular spots you can hit from most ship trajectories and play them constantly. Find the best loot routes and their approaches to popular hot zones (eg. bunker, river areas) and learn how to play as a squad and trade. You'll win more.

On the subject of bad random squadmates, evaluate early whether they're worth backing up or not - you can generally pick very early from their movement/drop/how they fight. New players are fine if they play as a squad - have carried plenty and they're usually really apologetic/thankful at the end. I would 100% rather play with a new player learning the game that tries to play as a squad than some ADHD idiot that hot drops and has an appetite for fighting far larger than their ability. A third can literally miss every shot, but if they're peaking and shooting when you're popping a shield battery then they're doing a good job. It's that simple.

12. Sledge

Sledge Member

yeah I'm a fairly average player
    not the worst..but far from the best too

13. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Humm in final battles under pressure i suck @ selecting right item, health instead of shield grr.. got second with 1 kill and 1000 damage grr

Can you directly bind 'use shield kit' and 'use health' maybe ill do that.

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

would be good if you could bind 'throw grenade' too rather than switch to nade, THEN throw

walker_2003 likes this.
  15. japes

japes Member

Not that I'm aware of. Always have shield battery (or failing that, cells) equipped. Shields heal faster than HP.

16. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

God yes. I never use grenades because I hate the "switch and click" design. Let me tap g to quick throw or hold g to aim, please....

17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Equip then throw is the only way to do grenades in FPS. You want to nade, you should have you pants down for a few moments. Insta throw then back to pew pew is dumb. Everything needs a drawback.

18. japes

japes Member

Throws them so damn quickly anyway, I'm not seeing the need for a bind.

19. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

I just forget when I'm switching between games that I need to click after I've hit g. Wouldn't matter if I spent more time playing this one specifically.

I'd be fine with it taking time to animate the switch, throw, and switch back, but I don't see much point in making me do it myself.

20. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah I normally do but I had to heal health just before that