1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Played about 5 or six rounds tonight. Server performance was good. Was a lot of fun.

I’m terrible though.

2. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

just got a win 3 kills (6 in squad) in second game. Such a fun game.. Frames bit meh @1440 so I had to lower some stuff (going to try adaptive res to keep it @ 90 min) The ending was so bad I was down to like 5 ammo and somehow fluked it point blank trying to work out melee.

They have thought of so much with this game, the pinging stuff, dibbing stuff, requesting ammo types, u can play with randoms with no mic very easily, had a random with us and communication was fine. Its great it forces you to do training before going in.

Even the NESW directional stuff is highlighted really well & I like the idea how one person is jump master so you stick with them, but you can choose to stray away by holding E.

The loot menu will take some getting used to though and learning ammo types/attachments.

We struggled big time to get ammo though.. We had a drop land near by and I got an epic bolt action sniper, that was fun.

I can see this lasting thanks to the 'Legends', they can add new chars like overwatch to keep it interesting.

The problems I foresee is cheating & balance issues.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Played for about 3 hours tonight, got 3 wins. Pretty fun game, I'll definitely be playing more of it.

SSJ4 and walker_2003 like this.
  4. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It is what it is. I asssumed Titanfall 3 was being worked on, instead we get another one hopping on the BR wandwagon, probably got FOMO on BR. So people need to move on and just hope someone creates something close or if not, better than TF2.

This looks good though I guess. I thought I would into PUBG when it got released. After finally getting it, I wasn’t into it despite having no problems winning. Then I tried the IoN when it came out, but we all know where that went.

I’m nearly 40 now, and I would have to say TF2 is one, if not my favourite MP game. Maybe when I turn 60 we’ll get a decent Titan game.

PsydFX likes this.
  5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Also, I'm trash at BRs.

Nothing new.

6. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Give it a crack ChinoPD it's very well thought out. Not quite as agile as TF2 MP of course.

Do you ever manage to get matches in TF2 now? I also enjoy it.

Hopefully the revenue and attention this gives the titanfall universe gives some hope for TF3 but currently I can imagine stock holders not giving TF3 green light even if this game never existed.

A few handy tips here

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

in order to stay open-minded about the game, i played again and got 2 kills before getting killed off haha

walker_2003 likes this.
  8. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I really enjoyed playing this game last night. My favorite thing is the "reinforcements revive" thing or whatever they call it. Being able to revive a teammate if you manage to wipe a squad is really cool. My biggest grippe with BR was dying or having a teammate die at the drop and either playing without them or quiting and trying again. Feels balanced to, you get them back. But you also reveal your position to everyone near by and they revive with no gear.

Ammo juggling is a bit of a pain otherwise I like the looting system. Seems much more refined than pub and blackout

I was pretty surprised that it ran so well. 1440p medium settings and streaming at 720p had it running very smoothly and the connection was pretty crisp.

I'll probably play the shit out of this while its popular. When things start to die we end up on Asian and NA servers. Dealing with 200ping minimum gets tiresome. If I still enjoy the game then cool. I still happily play Halo and pubg on 200ping.

If anyone wants to add me on Origin.

Osprey_SSJ4

walker_2003 likes this.
  9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Thanks for that and yeah absolutely I plan on trying this out for sure! It was probably mid year last year that I was able to get local MP games at night, but late last year there are zero players. I occasionally played Fronteirs in the USA region (change server) and since I’m not playing player in player that was always fun.

Whether these guys do it or someone else does, I know it’ll come to light. It’s just unfortunate, the progression from TF and TF2. It could have done with much better execution.

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

The 3D spot/ping system which you can also use for loot is well developed and handy, especially playing with randos.
    Encourages lots of collaboration, without the need for talking.

Takedown finishers are fun too.

11. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Played a few hours last night.

I prefer the pubg gunplay over this but I didn't have any major lag issues and the game just worked. At 1440p with a GTX1080 it ran really well with the only setting I changed was vsync to off.

Day 1 and it just worked, a rare occurrence at a time when most Devs use launch as a beta test.

12. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yeah the guns are all pretty accurate and easy to keep under control so its more about positioning and use of abilities then say PUBG which rewards mastering the recoil.

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Team Fortress 2 or TitanFall 2? Only recently played Titanfall 2, it's very very good.

Apex are meant to be top tier pilots though, not grunts. I kinda hope they expand on it later to include wall running and titans, even if it's limited to certain game modes.

Titanfall 3 is meant to be out later this year, not sure how Respawn is juggling Apex, Fallen order and another Titanfall game though.

14. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Positioning was something that didnt feel right to me in blackout. You could move so quickly it didnt really matter nearly as much as it does in pubg for example. Felt less like a game you needed to really think tactically about and all you needed todo was flash and push every fight. It's just push push push.

Can't wait to see the meta of Legends develop.

walker_2003 likes this.
  15. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

No stun or flash in this game, thank fuck.

SSJ4 and walker_2003 like this.
  16. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Pretty sure was no plans for TF3 at moment due to financial failure of TF2 and this was made in the meantime.

17. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You're right I just assumed it was Titanfall 3. EA said there will be another premium titanfall game later this year though, might be the Occulus VR game. Trying to find the quote.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Legends are not Pilots, they are dedicated to the glory of arena based combat in the Outlands of the Titanfall universe.
    Watch my video I posted earlier.

19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

They aren't currently working on Titanfall 3, they confirmed this with the press release for the launch of Apex.. sorry.

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Did I mention anything about Legends? I mentioned Apex, which is an elite group of mercinary pilots from the first two games.