1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Legends F2P battle-royale (Titanfall spin-off)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Perhaps read the other posts first?

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Premium Titanfall game could be a mobile game for all we know.

Apex Predators https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Apex_Predators

3. power

power Member

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

They are referred to simply as Apex multiple times in both games. Including the ending of the second game where you're given their card.

I'm leaning towards the other Titanfall game being VR.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/08/res...ing-virtual-reality-game-is-a-aaa-vr-shooter/

EA also mentions "related titanfall experiences" which is an odd way to phrase it but makes a little more sense if it's VR.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Don't know if BR games are for me. I'm finding the run around look for a gun and get fucked in the arse in 30 seconds thing rather unfun and just dull. I've spent more time looking at lobby that actually in game.

Personally I can't wait for this BR fad thing to die off.

DangerMaus likes this.
  6. bart5986

bart5986 Member

This game doesn't really have stealth gameplay, like pubg does, its a very fast paced game.

Asking BR to die off is like asking strategy games to die off, its a genre of its own.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

If you're having trouble getting gear before dying, try not to land in hot zones or where other people are landing (you can see before/during descent) to give you some time.

8. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Nah I get what he's saying. There have been plenty of fads in gaming, and even in FPS specifically. It is fine to prefer arena shooters or team-objective shooters more than BR's and wish that they weren't currently dwarfed by BR.

DangerMaus likes this.
  9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

RTS games had a golden era then died off... Deathmatch had a golden era then died off...

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Nothing ever has given me the rush that PUBG final 10 has. Often in early days me and mates were left shaking.

Apex I got my first win within 2 matches, but I feel once people master the meta it wont be so easy. Apex is def a different kind of BR to pubg which is about gun control and positioning where this is more about quick reactions/abilities & positioning to a smaller degree.

I hope BR never dies!

11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I get that every time I manage a Kolobanov's in WoT (solo win against 5+ enemies). Rarely get it in BR games, even with a great duel or clutch win. adrenaline crash can suck though. I like this but the speed of the gameplay combined with me being an old fart hinders me. I really liked quake champions as well but just don't have the reflexes a twitch shooter requires anymore.

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Of course... you always remember your first :p

PUBG was the first foray into BR for most... not only that, but pubg on release was SLOW. Really slow. For most people in the final circle, they had spent 5 minutes fighting at the start, followed by 30 minutes running with maybe 2 engagements along the way... followed by a big rush in the final circle once people are forced to fight again.

For me, nothing will compare with the adrenaline from proper organised matches of RCTW back in the day. Stopwatch objective modes coming down to the second were insanity. Overwatch does everything rtcw did and more for the stopwatch objective mode... but never grabbed me the same way. Those "first" experiences are so precious for this reason.

walker_2003 likes this.
  13. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

At least this BR game is free to play like Fortnite, so there will always be plenty of interest as long as they keep the content fresh.
    Unlike PUBG or COD4 Blackout (or BFV Firestorm) who are or part of a full priced game (and then all microtrans for cosmetics too!)
    It's not a buggy paid Early Access beta game BR either.

Poor Planetside Arena was meant to be launched last week, but was delayed until March at the last minute.. because of this I wonder?

14. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Lets not derail the thread with the "BR is fad" debate. Like it? then play it. Don't like it? then dont play it.

Moving on.......

Who's everyone's fav legend atm? I am enjoying the Robot. Not really an advanced movement guy but because the grapple is a cooldown based ability and is tied to that one class I really enjoy the dynamic it adds to a fight within a team scenario. It gives you a role to play.

Got a sniper? use it to gain a better line of sight for your team. Collapsing on a team? use the grapple to do a creative and fast flank on a pinned down enemy. Very cool.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

The wraith atm.

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Hardly derailing it, just discussing the gameplay. Get over it.

17. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Get over nothing mate.

I've seen this 1000 times. People get their jimmies ruffled over BR very easily and end up arguing whether or not its trendy or a legitimate game mode/genre.

If a game is based on BR mode. How is it constructive to come in and announce that BR is a FAD and you want it to die?

Can't we just talk about the game and enjoy it?

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Don't like it, don't play is a gross over-simplification and a frankly stupid comment that is no more constructive that saying BR should die.

The discussion is about what people like and don't like about the gameplay, it's pertinent to the game. As I said, get over it.

19. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Ok mate.
    *edit.

Saying BR is a Fad and you hope it dies is not a basis for discussion.

It's a oversimplification and a frankly stupid comment.

Ironically. I've had the opposite effect I wanted. Apologies to everyone else in the thread.

20. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092856944199495686

PsydFX and SSJ4 like this.