Apple Airpods

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by sichy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Thanks for the heads up, will see if the gf wants this. I’m heading towards the sportier route.

2. 2SHY

2SHY Member

I would go this route as well, plenty of decent bluetooth headsets around that will be more durable and might have better sound quality.

3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Do you use a pair 2SHY?

4. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Nah, since my S8+ has a headphone port. But If I had to, I think the Jaybirds Bluebuds is the one I'd go for. But I'm out of the loop of bluetooth headsets.

I also hate how Bluetooth eats battery. But of course YMMV.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

6. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

anyone got hn amex wanna go halves with me?

7. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Nothing on the market anywhere as convenient as the Airpods though, small with a charging case. Doesn't eat battery on my 7+ either but YMMV on Android..

8. VIP3R

VIP3R Member

How do these go for noise isolation?

I've never opened and used the boxed apple buds but assume they wouldn't be great.

9. jigna27

jigna27 Member

They’re not really designed for isolation. Your ear shape will drive the amount of isolation you get and the fit overall. Mine come out if I’m walking briskly, more so when I run

10. KriiV

KriiV Member

Isolation is definitely not their thing. PowerBeats 3 are good for isolation, apple earphone and airpods are good for keeping touch with your surroundings especially if you're in the city or an office where people may need to approach you to have a chat.

11. jigna27

jigna27 Member

^^^ This. Totally agree, I reckon you can carry a conversation with the airpods on but you'd look pretty rude hahaha. Mind you, they're actually quite decent sounding, but if you're after a lot of bass or noise isolation you're looking at the wrong device.

12. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Been using a pair of Jaybird Runs: I really like it. Maybe had sync issues with the left canalphone, but I got it sorted. It feels great, appreciate that I can customise the sound via their app through my own custom EQ, and provides great isolation. Making and taking calls are also quite q breeze, I love the convenience it provides. So overall, I'm pretty impressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got the gf a pair of air pods and surprisingly doesn't sound too bad either. But I prefer the build, isolation, and customisation with the Jaybirds.

zoki_007 likes this.
  13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

So they aren't quite as good in terms of sound quality as the airpods?

14. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

The fact that I can customise EQ and that these are canalphones (isolation), they sound significantly better than the airpods. In saying that, the airpods sounded better than I expected. But Jaybird > Airpods. That's my opinion.

15. jigna27

jigna27 Member

Not surprising. Noise Isolation will usually bring with it better sound imo. But also agree with you that airpods are better sounding than expected. I recommend anyone considering airpods to try using EarPods first in the environment they’ll be used the most. In my case it was my office building. The sound was surprisingly pretty good and because of the designed fit they’re much easier to slip on and off than noise isolation earphones, that have to be ‘pressed in’. Airpods definitely give an extra level of convenience over wired though - no more wires catching my shirt or collar. That used to annoy the f out of me

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

17. jigna27

jigna27 Member

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

19. birdie

birdie Member

I got mine this morning price matched at OfficeWorks for $189.05 :) Now that I finally bought a set Apple will probably release a new set soon :p

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!