Apple iPhone 11

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 11, 2019.

1. clonex

clonex Member

Screen dpi/resolutions still from 2015 Wtf??

thecondor likes this.
  2. thecondor

thecondor Member

Nah mate they changed the marketing term. Now is a "super retina xdr display" lol

clonex likes this.
  3. Zippy7

Zippy7 Member

Ooh. Wow. I can't see them selling out very quickly. The Promax 512Mb costs $2.5k, and the 256Gb version costs more than a Macbook Air!

4. Azrael

Azrael Member

It’s not particularly an Apple vs Android issue, but more that a couple of app developers started on iOS earlier and so the app is far better developed on iOS. (Or in the case of Scrivener, non existent on Android)

5. power

power Member

being iOS exclusive these days is just plain stupid. you're leaving a pile of cash on the table.

Sphinx2000 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ok fair enough, that's a bit limiting though.

7. Azrael

Azrael Member

TBH these are pretty niche apps, and for one a lot of it comes down to limited resources.

Scrivener has traditionally been pretty Apple centric, but thats no surprise there. Plus for me it makes sense to be tied to an Apple ecosystem on my laptops as I need to bridge Unix stuff (lots of LaTeX), along with requiring Word and photo manipulation stuff. That just tips over towards Apple for most things.

That said, I still have enough Android One devices currently, lots of which have regular bugs and issues (but have open bluetooth stacks). Enough for me to know that many of these issues would annoy me too much on a daily basis. (well more than my annoyance at Apple bugs)

8. nav

nav Member

Beef up your iCloud storage, I pushed all 100gigs worth of photos up there. My phone storage is down to 25gigs again.

-nav.

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Interesting how many people are saying "this seems like the same phone with more focus on photos".

That is what all of their meaningful competition have over them, it makes sense for them to try to close that gap.

I was shocked to see that notch still there though.

10. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

iPhone cameras are some of the best in the business, even better/natural than Samsung imho

11. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

I see they are still not a USB-C phone yet, even the Pro model. Rumor has it maybe the phone next year..? :rolleyes:
    Still an OG Lightning to USB Type-A cable and a 5W charger from 2012 is included with the non-pro phones, a Lightning to USB-C cable and the 18w USB-C fast-charger will cost you extra.

12. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

I'm using Google photos with High Quality unlimited storage, since 90% of my photos won't ever be printed or even viewed on a large screen. I backup the originals on PC every few months. I'm too cheap to pay $4.5 a month for 200GB :lol:

Not anymore, Samsung and Huawei have surpassed iPhone. Even with the new Pro iPhone's it's playing catch up with other manufacturers.

https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/
    https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-5g-camera-review/

13. Deus Ex Machina

Deus Ex Machina Member

Apple hasnt been quite the same since Bill Gates died

Rattus P Rattus likes this.
  14. thecondor

thecondor Member

Huh?

15. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

For some reason Samsung have this software render/filter/whatever that just makes colours in the photos not realistic compared to iPhones.
    iPhones just come across generally better in a natural / accuracy - Samsung seem to overexpose or just make certain colours pop for the sake of a pretty photo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on a S10 5G as we speak - but as someone who's come from multiple iPhones and Samsungs, iphones photos just appear more natural / true to real world. (This is probably software, rather than hardware).

16. power

power Member

people need to stop thinking if not iPhone then Samsung.

like really, stop it.

mAJORD and thecondor like this.
  17. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

You mean Steve Jobs? Good old Billy is still live an well as far as I can tell :lol:

Everyone has said that Apple is lost without Steve, but then with Steve around, there would probably be no Plus sized iPhone's or the Apple Pen, both were a good addition to the lineup. One thing is for certain is that without Steve to whip Johnny, he lost his momentum and how that he's left the house, Apple comes up with iPhone X's with a cooktop lens in the corner. Sad to say, I can only see Apple going downhill from now on.

18. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

They're two top widely used smartphones so it's perfectly reasonable to compare the two.

Yes there's other competitors in the same market, but iPhone and Samsung have had the lions share for awhile.

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Wha? Android is available on phones from many different manufacturers and hardware features to suit your individual needs and budget? Get out'a here....

Drizz06 and power like this.
  20. power

power Member

popularity =/= good.