1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple iPhone 13

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by Sphinx, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Another year, another number on the box - this time it's a 13.
    Small upgrades, very little innovation, expected to be similar priced to the 12 - grab em while they're HAWT... :o

[​IMG]

upload_2021-9-8_18-38-0.png

Pro leak:

[​IMG]

Launch date confirmed for September 14, 2021.
    https://twitter.com/gregjoz/status/1435272731746979840

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. Cap One

Cap One New Member

I just can't get excited about the iphone 13, there's not much in the way of changes to make it a worthwhile upgrade from my 12.

3. brayway

brayway Member

I'm quite keen to see what's officially announced in a couple of days.
    My partner is on an X, and I'm using a Note 10+, she's definitely keen to upgrade, and I'm on the fence pending what it's like in comparison to my current phone.
    Do want to give IOS another chance, my last iPhone was a 5s I think, so about time.

4. thecondor

thecondor Member

I think battery will be the biggest upgrade. The battery life on my 12 pro max is terrible.

5. bYrd

bYrd Member

You can have your iPhone 13, am keen to see if there is a reduced price, or sale on iPhone 12 from retailers. Even the iPhone SE is overpriced for what is an iPhone 8 with better CPU.

6. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Interesting that they skip the 9 but keep the 13...

7. Blinky

Blinky Member

Apparently, the 13 Pro Max won't be getting the 1TB option now, it's going to top out at 512GB.

I guess if you are bored at 3am on Wednesday ... http://wheniskeynote.com/ Unless it's not picking up my timezone correctly. :Paranoid:

8. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

keen to see if the battery life is actually better in a real world test... and i thought the notch was meant to be less noticeable?

9. Blinky

Blinky Member

Bloody hell, wasn't it a fizzer.

alexc and thecondor like this.
  10. Cap One

Cap One New Member

At least the price isn't going up, at least that's what Apple says but we might get shafted with Australia tax still.

11. Blinky

Blinky Member

No, pricing is about the same. Fully maxed out the iPhone 13 Pro Max with 1TB is $2,720 aud.

12. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

If i recall 12 mini pricing, the 13 mini is technically cheaper, 13 mini 128gb for the price the 12 mini 64gb was. Not sure about higher storage prices though.

I really want a mini, really keen to see real life battery tests. Surely it will be on par at least with an XS, i think the 12 mini was supposed to be on paper about the same. Maybe not a massive upgrade for those on a 12, but going to mini 128gb for that price is a decent enough upgrade from an XS 64gb.

Cap One likes this.
  13. Cap One

Cap One New Member

I actually upgraded from an XS to a 12 mini and I found the battery life to be about the same, not fantastic but enough to get me through the day. The mini is a bit snappier though.

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  14. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Nice, that's great to hear, thanks for sharing! Hoping to get my hands on a 13 to see what it can do, assume it should easily get through the day for one of my heavier use days if it's a bit better than the 12.

15. fanpeople

fanpeople Member

I picked up a 12 mini 126gb for $400 off retail a while ago. It came in at around $800 cannot remember exactly. Perfect size in my opinion. I am not a massive user of phones but probably a few hours a day of videos/browsing internet in total and I charge it once every two days usually.

But fuck it charges quickly so not a massive issue anyway. First apple product since probably the I phone 4 (jumped to Samsung) and it is great.

Slavetonet and leck like this.
  16. brayway

brayway Member

I'm still tempted by a 13 Pro 128 or 256. Just have to decide if I make the jump back to iOS, last iPhone was a 5S I believe.

17. leck

leck Member

nothing compelling to make me upgrade from my 12 mini but still a good entry point for anyone wanting a nice smaller phone

18. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Pretty disappointing refresh to be honest. Literally not a single meaningful change. Sure, cameras are better - they were already great on the 12 and nobody will notice. Sure, a 120hz screen is nice, but it's a small phone - who really cares. Apple is really falling behind others in the innovation space.

Oh well. My order will go in this Friday as it does every year I guess.

Holdenkicks, zoki_007 and thecondor like this.
  19. Hater

Hater Member

hmm. was going to update my X to a 12 mini, haven't bothered, now the 13 is out

now do i grab a second hand 12 or a 13?

hmm.

20. thecondor

thecondor Member

12 mini has absolutely horrific battery life. Grab the standard 13. They are good value for money