1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple iPhone 13

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by Sphinx, Sep 8, 2021.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

one thing i hate about google maps recently, is that it gives you an estimated travel time which is often a huge variance. Was driving to the zoo the other day, and it said "30mins - 90mins travel time", and it factors that in when you set to "arrive by" a certain time!

2. OP
    OP
    Sphinx

Sphinx Member

How is that turning out for you?

3. dANiel_

dANiel_ Member

good, went to bed with 50% battery.

Except google maps seems to drain my battery but have a MagSafe charger coming in the mail

Looking for the perfect phone to switch back to android though

4. restartjay2021

restartjay2021 New Member

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra died last Friday and so had to get another phone to replace it as I no longer have confidence in it given that it was only 11 months old....
    So bought myself a iPhone 13 Pro Max 512 the next day and so far it's quite good to use. Feels like my Samsung S7 which I had for a long time (2-3 years).

Enjoying the apple carplay layout as I find it to be much better than Android auto as well as being more stable without the intermittent disconnection/freeze.

I thought the notch would bother me but it doesn't.

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  5. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Sounds like a good upgrade then!

I picked up a 13 mini the other day, so far so good. I'm not a heavy user so hoping battery life should be as good as it has been for the few days i've had it so far. I got to 20% yesterday, but played over 3 hours of a game and was streaming music for 3 hours too, so not really surprising. Otherwise without gaming it's been more like 70-80% is the lowest through the day.

Really enjoying the smaller size again, it feels just right.

6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Any idea why the eBay app on my phone, and only the eBay app, is dimmed? I’ve tried opening it and force closing it

Attached Files:

7. Blinky

Blinky Member

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hate to admit I like the latest iphone ad :lol: .....help to be a big 80's bmx fan I guess too

9. salmon

salmon Member

just retired my iPhone X today for the 13 pro.... the x served me well, in the end it was just too unreliable and beat up.
    Talk about a leap in performance, way more noticeable than the iPhone 8 to iPhone X. hope I get as long out of it as I did the X, has been the only iPhone that has lasted me past the contract.

theasianbuffguy likes this.
  10. Holdenkicks

Holdenkicks Member

woah thank you sir you just taught me something new and handy!!!!

11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

anyone had this issue where when you open the camera from the lockscreen, it opens the camera but the screen just goes black and then force quits OR it allows you to take a photo, but doesn't actually save it

12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I open cam from the lockscreen quite a bit (so does my 2 year old lol) and haven't had that happen, at least not often enough to recall it.