Apple iPhone '4S' Announced | Dual Core, iOS5, 8MP, 1080p Rec, 14.4Mbps HSPA+...

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Oct 5, 2011.

1. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

Dude, at least look at what people are talking about.

This one is hard carved out of wood,

Click to view full size!

And this one is an aluminium band running around the edge of the phone:

Click to view full size!

No one is suggesting getting this:

Click to view full size!

2. vindicator

vindicator Member

Better but still precious.

3. clonex

clonex Member

i think people dont want to spend their money. mate works for a telstra shop and they sold their last 4S this morning :D

4. kimnkk

kimnkk Member

+1 for naked phone.

Dropped my iphone 4 once, cracked the screen but apple replaced it. 4s will be naked - cases are lame.

5. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

had a case on my iphone 3 but after 2 years i found small bits of sand and crap had somehow got in behind the case cover and the back of the phone which scratched up the shiny black plastic

so went naked on my i4 like a boss and havent looked back:leet:

6. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

anyone still waiting for their iphone to be activated? Still sitting on no network. I mean it is vodafone so that's probably my first problem haha

7. ouchwhat

ouchwhat Member

Naked.. you guys got any of those decent plastic covers? (Zagg or Bodyguardz?) Or is it fully 100% pure nekidness?

8. vindicator

vindicator Member

Always butt naked.

9. meremortal

meremortal Member

I have a great plastic/rubber case $20 at one of the stands/stalls at Garden City Booragoon Perth. Black with a circle at the back so you can see the Apple logo. I've dropped the phone atleast 10 times and my 5 yr old son uses it too and has dropped it.

Cases are great.

I think if you are a trady or an active person an Otterbox or equivalent is a good idea too. Cracking a screen is a waste of time.

10. rowen

rowen Member

Received an email from Telstra today for my pre-order. It read much like a PR exercise in response to the threads on crowdsupport and whirlpool accusing Telstra of allocating stock and shipments to non-Telstra customers first.

It does however say I have been allocated my requested phone and they will notify me when it is shipped, since I have not been notified it hasn't shipped!

11. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

As predicted, someone has discovered how to get Siri "working" on an iPhone 4:

I'm taking their word that it's actually a 4 and not a 4S in the video since they look the same. It's not actually functioning though due to the commands needing to be authenticated by Apple's servers which can tell that it's not coming from a 4S.

12. steelbom

steelbom Member

I don't think the 4 has the necessary power to run Siri properly. We'll see soon enough, but I'm betting it'll either not work or work very slowly or poorly.

13. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

Would be good if it'd work on iPad2

14. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

15. booksacool1

booksacool1 Member

16. [KEi]SoVeReIgN

[KEi]SoVeReIgN Member

Thats a 4, it hasn't got the break in the metal where the mute switch is.
    Also, the mute switch is slightly further down the phone on the 4S

17. B.thomson

B.thomson Member

On cases, in the past I've usually just grabbed a Vaja case as I've always used them for every device in the last 6 years and they are excellent.

This time I've decided to try a hybrid approach - use the phone without a case, but get a pouch to protect it in pockets etc. I'm trying one from this mob:

http://www.ikonicedge.com/iphone_ss_pouches.html

It only fits an iPhone4 though, and mine doesn't show up till tomorrow or Tuesday, so haven't had a chance to use it yet. It looks and feels pretty nice though.

18. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Had a large variety of cases for my iPhone 2G and 3G. 3GS and 4 I went butt naked no protectors or anything, it looks and feel infinitely better and is smaller in the pocket etc, haven't look back.

Butt naked is the way to go :) If I drop and it breaks well bad luck, that's the price I pay. But I've dropped it many times even on concrete and it's yet to sustain any real damage.

My 3gs I dropped and cracked the screen however Apple replaced it for free under warranty...

19. jamesski

jamesski Member

At the moment i have a 3GS and at my house i dont get 3G so no data, i can only text and barley call.

I am in a blackspot according to OPTUS.

Would the updated antenna design fix my reception issues on the 4S?

I have a mate who got improved reception went from 2 to 4 bars of 3G going from 4 to 4S

20. terrabyte

terrabyte Member

I think if it's bad enough it might not help at all. Thought about trying telstra?