Apple Watch 1 (and 2)

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Hater

Hater Member

Mmm, I had an MZR-700, recording in Stereo I think it was was pretty good, but ATRAC 33 or 66 (I think it was?) wasn't very good. I do remember the ATRAC modes using less battery though. Used to sit in front of Rage and record off the TV, heh.

2. isaaus

isaaus Member

I have been through quite a few MD players and recorders, goodman's was literally the best in sound iq and Sony was the king with netmd recording. Recording from mic/audioin/digital wasn't that good but with netmd it was as good as high end CD players. But biggest thing was no skipping in netmd's (well I didn't have any skip) and my n10 survived being thrown out of car window by my nephew.

3. Shado

Shado Member

Watch. Watch.

Already had a pebble, so was already used to this, can read more of emails on this though, rather than just the first few lines. Quite useful for that. Don't sync my work meetings to it, so not quite so useful to me in that regard.

Yeah, pretty much every time I get the *you've been sitting down for 50 minutes, stand up*, I go and get a drink or take a bathroom break / walk around etc.

Top right (on left wrist), but haven't tried anything else.

It's not always that intuitive, but eventually you get the hang of it. It's taken more than a week to train myself how to do some things quickly.

Honestly, the only way I'd improve the thing is in software. I wore it all last weekend, putting it on 8am Saturday and taking it off at 10pm Sunday with 17% battery remaining (admittedly without using the exercise app which burns battery fast).

Still heaps of improvements to be made in software, though even buggy third party apps have improved heaps in the last week. (I use the LIFX one to turn on/off lights, and it's finally stable).

4. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

5. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

so I won a sport edition :leet:

seems pretty cool, waiting for the new OS though because it's a bit limited with apps.

Anyone know if I can stream BT audio to my car and change the album and stuff from my watch ?

Also, does it do any cool stuff with an apple TV or a Macbook? And how water resistant is it?

6. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Lucky bugger :p How'd you pull that one off?

In terms of water resistance: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/974349

7. JoKaH

JoKaH Member

Should be able to, i connect it to my BT earphones and im able to change tracks from the watch

8. power

power Member

Cut and run Apple, get out now - wearables isn't at the same tipping point that phones and tablets were when you jumped on that gravy train....

Report suggests the Apple Watch is failing

9. redslert

redslert Member

No surprise there when Apple made it an 'experience' to buy a watch.
    Stops people from impulse buy... walk into shop and buy one.

Stupid how you had to get an appointment and fitting.

10. jcorney

jcorney Member

didn't do any of that shit, just order on line and have the courier deliver it

11. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

At a conference, very very lucky, right place right time :D

thanks, its pretty damn good so far

12. giles666

giles666 Member

5,000 units a day just in the US is still about a $1 Billion a year business. Hardly a failure. Extrapolate that over the world and you'll end up with a really nice business, especially given Apple's usual margins.

I'ts a strange world where you can create a multi billion dollar a year business our of nothing, with better than 30% margins, and have everyone declare it a failure.

13. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I've heard they give some decent prizes at conferences. Nice prize just for turning up : P Don't you dare onsell it :D

14. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Not surprising for an unnecessary, overpriced, "me too" product. They probably sold the first batch to the Apple faithful, who would pay any price for a toilet seat used by Steve.

15. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

so much hate . its just a gadget, its not meant to change your life. if you don't want one don't buy/read/care about it :confused:

16. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

This, yeah, it's over priced, especially if you don't want it in the first place.

I find mine really useful, just as I did my moto360, it's nice having notification on my wrist, sending txt messages easily, controlling my music in the car and I think the device looks really nice.

I really couldn't give a shit how many other people buy one or how many Apple sell, what's that matter really?

17. power

power Member

Is this a serious question?

At the end of the day the product needs to make money.

18. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

No shit, but this thread is talking about the product not it's sales performance, I don't see how it's relevant.

Not to mention, would you only buy something if it sells millions? If you think something is interesting, get it, if you don't, don't get it.

I just don't see the point with all the BS talk that goes on these threads, just discuss the device.

That is why I am subed to this thread, getting a notification just to read that it isn't selling well is pointless information I didn't need.

19. power

power Member

sorry mate, sales of the device are relevant to the device and the thread.

20. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Says you, but how it is relevant exactly? (Serious question) (ie: if something sells bad, does that make it a bad device? does it effect the way it functions?, etc)