Arcade wiring help

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by Revenger, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Revenger

Revenger Member

I'm coming to the stage where I need to wire up my Arcade Machine for the admin buttons etc so starting this thread to be my asking for electrical help.

---

First things I need to do is I have some Omrom B3W-9 Tactile Switches I need to work out the wiring for.
    As per my arcade thread I will have them in a 3x2 config as shown in my latest image also below.

[​IMG]

They will be lit in this configuration.
    [​IMG]

Each button is meant to be able to turned on and off in 2 places.
    Via the cathodes using dip switches and also via the anodes on dip switches.

I did have a really basic schematic I drew up you can see that on Imgur fullsize
    [​IMG]

But looking through the datasheet for the leds and checking the LED's have separate cathodes as well as separate voltage requirements, so basically I have no clue about electronics like this.

Here is a snip from the datasheet about the LED's, I have the duel red/green coloured buttons.
    led specs.JPG

I basically need to work out the amount of wires I need to bring out and how to wire this up properly.

As the buttons are surface mount I also don't know how to mount them on the admin panel and was wondering about using a circuit board maker for this.

So hoping someone here can help me out as I know bugger all about the indepths of doing this stuff and my skill level I kinda need a electronics person to help.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021