Are any XBox original games worth much?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by DerekP, Sep 27, 2020.

1. DerekP

DerekP Member

My nephew has given me a bunch of XBox titles - about 40. They're generally not in great condition and i'm wondering if i bother going through the collection one by one to see if anything is worth selling.

I've never had an XBox, and from the look of the covers - it looks like there's no such thing as a 'rare title' in this era of consoles.

EDIT - Here's what i've got...

20200929_151455.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. Vanne

Vanne Member

Ohh, there are definitely rare titles on this generation of consoles.. are there any for the OG xbox? beats me.

3. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

You could just lay them out and take a photo of all the covers.

Stubbs the Zombie is the main one I can think of $100+
    https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...ubbs+the+zombie&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

just had a quick glance at sold items on ebay over $100.
    seems like Def Jam fight for NY and Jet Set Radio Future can go for $100 or more as well.

I sent a mate of mine the link to sold copies of Stubbs a month or so ago and asked if he still had the game. He threw out the games with the xbox when it died. :sick:

If you find something of value and the case is the only rough part of it you can go get a copy of top spin from CEX for $0.75 and do a case swap before flipping it if that's your intention.

4. OP
    OP
    DerekP

DerekP Member

Good idea (gawd, why didn't i think of that?!) - i'll do that tomorrow when it's light. Thanks :)

WuZMoT likes this.
  5. Vanne

Vanne Member

download.jpeg
    man that was a great game!!! :). $100 buck eh? might have a dig through my piles when i finally get home to Sydney..

WuZMoT likes this.
  6. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

Stubbs is great. I clocked the PC version back in 2006/2007, I distinctly remember the night I finished it. Thinking at one point a car in the street had its headlights on my window. Turns out it was just the sun coming up.

The Grand Theft Auto Trilogy box set which I happen to have a copy of sometimes goes for more than it should. I have a copy of JSRF as well. Both were part of console bundles I bought so I kind of lucked out on those. They aren't consistently $100+ though.

7. Luno

Luno Member

I have def jam sitting in my closet! May have to dust it off and sell it!

WuZMoT likes this.
  8. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

There's rare titles for every generation of consoles that had physical media.

9. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

10. OP
    OP
    DerekP

DerekP Member

I admit it's hard to imagine when there would have been millions sold. It's not like disks from the 80s or 90s when it would have been quite rare to sell a million copies of a game. My kingdom for The Great Giana Sisters on Amiga - it was only on the shelf for a few weeks i think because Nintendo sued them :(

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  11. OP
    OP
    DerekP

DerekP Member

12. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

As an (ex) avid Japanese PS2 game collector, I have numerous titles in my collection that only saw 10,000 copies printed. All of them worth a fortune today.

You'll find a few XBox titles like that too.

13. OP
    OP
    DerekP

DerekP Member

None in my lot i bet :D

Was the low volume because they were poorly received? Or perhaps deliberate 'limited edition'?

14. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

simpsons hit and run can go for a bit.

that original non classics copy of splinter cell is good for softmod exploiting too but it doesn't command a high price tag as its fairly common.