Are Australian phones compatible the the linageOS roms

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by al'Thor, Jan 15, 2022 at 8:52 AM.

1. al'Thor

al'Thor Member

so, Dad needs a new phone - compatible with resound Smart app

compatiblity list 2/3rds of the way down
    https://www.resound.com/en/help/compatibility

I was think of getting a A32/A33 but not supported (checked with A51 probably similar?)
    now looking at S10e. or S10, they must be near the end of getting updates?
    but, do have LinageOS roms available (so will have updates for a while...?)
    also I like to remove as much google as possible

are the Australian phones this code (compatible the the linageOS roms)

s10e = beyond0lte https://download.lineageos.org/beyond0lte

S10 = beyond1lte https://download.lineageos.org/beyond1lte

btw what is that code mean?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 8:57 AM
  2. ernie

ernie Member

I run lineageOS on 2 phones, and never once looked into anything to do with Australian compatibility.
    I assumed it was handled by the baseband chip firmware, nothing to do with LineageOS.
    Maybe I was lucky.

- Ernie.

3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I looked into this for a friend a little while back. ReSound needs Direct Android Streaming (ASHA) - it's provided by select hardware and software features and unfortunately can't be guaranteed on first-party ROMs, let alone custom ROMs.

It became available in Android 10, but looks like it was opened up more with Android 11. A quick look shows the exact question has been asked on XDA last year, but received no answer.
    It's likely it might be an opt-in thing, in which case you'd need to stick with official software - and that list is pretty restrictive (not to mention expensive).

ReSound offer a 'Phone Clip+' dongle to remove the ASHA requirement and 'just work' with phones not on the compatibility list. There's a few on eBay, but they're not overly cheap.
    It'd mean an extra dongle, but remove the necessity to double-check phone compatibility before upgrades, and allow you to use custom ROMs (as long as Bluetooth works) :thumbup:

I'd also offer a recommendation against 'nightly' ROMs if you have a true reliance on the device - they're often a bit up and down in terms of stability, and you end up having to flash more often to get things working. Stick with the latest 'stable' for your model.
    To be fair though, it looks like development for the S10 series is all nightlies - must be a new addition to the LineageOS stable.
    You are correct that beyond0 and beyond1 apply to the Australian models of the S10e and S10. The XDA thread on Lineage for the S10 is worth a read :thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    al'Thor

al'Thor Member

Thanks