Are there any windows based Tablets that support pens and have Thunderbolt 3?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Digital Art' started by Tazor, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

So I'm currently working on a game concept with a friend and have been doing all my concept art on a 13" iPad Pro with Apple pencil using Procreate.

I love this set-up but my workflow is going to end up moving to Quixel Mixer and probable ZBrush and I'm wanting to try and find a Windows based Tablet with a good pen, that has a decent Intel Core i5/i7 CPU and Thunderbolt3 so I can hook up an eGPU if I need more graphical processing power.

At this stage I can't find that many options so I'm wondering if I'm better off just sticking to the iPad and avoiding any on-the-go texturing/sculpting apps and just do that at home on the main rig?

If only Microsoft would just add TB3 to their Surface Pro... Then I wouldn't have to ask this question...

Cheers,

Tazor

2. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

Lenovo Yoga 920? Supports Wacom bamboo and has 4 lane TB3

I got a 1080p version with i7 8550U and 16 GB for 1200 (albeit refurb)

3. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

Ooo, that sounds ideal - how do you find the screen and how do the U processors manager apps like Photoshop CC if you've tried it?

4. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

A lot of the touchscreen with pen tablets come with Y series processor, which are absolutely pathetic.

U series is okay as it turboboost to 3.8Ghz for short period, but remember with all 4 core active it will be running around 1.8 Ghz continuously.

Battery wise it is one of the best, 70WHR battery is massive. Build quality is good,esp the watch band screen hinge.

1080p screen brightness and colour accuracy is okay, but not may be ideal for semi-pros. 4K screen is a lot better as it has wider gamut and brightness, but it hurts battery life.

Tazor likes this.