ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jowjeh, May 29, 2015.

1. Ogre

Ogre Member

Sounds interesting Dog

Can you tell us what the other settings are?

I try to avoid servers that make everything too easy by increasing the taming, resource and XP rates.

and as WRX_STi mentioned, does it get wiped?

2. Di4mondDog

Di4mondDog Member

No wipes, I am really against them too.

Come have a look, see if you fancy it.

Cheers

Dog

3. Di4mondDog

Di4mondDog Member

So i have day and night cycle tweaked so night is around 10 mins and day about 45-50.

Difficulty is max so level 120 wild dinos.
    XP x 3
    Recources x3
    Taming x 10

I have tweaked it so stuff regrows a bit closer to structures and animals.

Umm I think that's it!

Taming is the only high setting really but I find it makes the game more enjoyable rather then too time consuming.

Oh and no crosshair :)

4. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

I've never seen a crosshair in the game. I'm currently playing on an official PVE server. How does the PVP transition work? Is there like an announcement and then it's on for young and old? Or is there some downtime while the server restarts?

Where are the official OCE servers hosted? my mate says he was getting 90 ping, haven't bothered to check mine. But the lag freezes are shitting me, especially at peak times. Was pretty bad over the weekend. What is the cause of these 5-10 second freezes? Is it overloaded server?, Is it network congestion? or Is the server pausing the game to sync everything?

One of our tribe members is bored & intent on moving servers. Want's PVP, and doesn't mind starting from 0 again. I'm starting to see his point, we're very much in endgame, and the game is too easy now.

My mate bought ark and started playing yesterday ($20USD on humble store). I invited him to the tribe... and there's no challenge for him, we gave him all the tools and dinos he needed. I held off from giving him a GPS. And we had 'a bit of fun' teaching him how to use a compass, And his only death occured when trying to tranq a 120 bronto, without help from me.

This game is too easy with GPS, high level flying mount & "GAMMA 4". Is the gamma command disabled on your server Di4mondDog?

Also My levelling has plateaued, I'm 73ish. What tasks should I be doing to get to 75 and beyond? Really want some scuba gear.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  5. mrayner

mrayner Member

Sounds pretty good; our ex server is now extinct so looking for a new home.
    Anybody got any recommendations?
    Previously one had 10 x taming and 10 x resources which was pretty good seeing as we can't spend a massive amount of time farming etc.

I like the idea of Timed PVP though Dimond, will check it out.
    Kinda hesitant to go with another private hosted server though - last 2 have disappeared :(

6. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Pretty happy on our current server although tames take forever. Has anyone done the amnesia soup yet?

What are you guys talking about wipes for? What are they, something different or just no imports of old character and or Dino's. I found it really handy to import my single player Dino's that I spent ages on before finding a server. Don't think I'd move servers without them unless it did have quick tame and high resources.

7. Ogre

Ogre Member

Wipes are when the server is reset so to speak, all buildings, tames, characters are gone, everyone starts fresh again. The official servers haven't been wiped in a long time, but some of the unofficial ones are regularly wiped.

You can import anything into official servers, can't even transfer things between them.

Importing is up to the person who runs the server.

8. Di4mondDog

Di4mondDog Member

Hey guys,

Server is set to auto switch from PVE to PVP at 1900 each night, then switch back at 2300, no announcements or restart, it just switches :)

And currently gamma is enabled while in PVE but is instantly disabled when PVP starts

Hope to see some of you on there and ready for the new biomes!!

Cheers

Dog

9. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Whats your stance on raiding. Ive just been cleared out on a pvp server that was 'by agreement' pve and no raiding with pvp enabled for agreed fights.

Ok, ive moved over to your server Dog. Found the right one, why is the other one frozen?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. joerandom

joerandom Member

Yes but then later on tried UDP again. Has been on that for a while now!
    You can sift through the patch notes it's there somewhere.

11. mrayner

mrayner Member

Same, looking good so far; look out for Sir Jack Bauer in your travels.

12. Fool

Fool Member

I am playing on jurassichungergames - 45.121.211.6:9477. It's a pretty good server.

13. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

What does everyone think of this breeding thing?

at first I thought it might destroy the game. Soon, everyone on the server will have high level dinos.

I thought I hit the jackpot when I tamed a 116 male bronto, to mate with my 120 female bronto. But there was another tribe with 2x 120s selling their fertilized eggs.

However it seems that not all 120 tames are equal. Wild dinos level up stats randomly. At the moment I'm trying to breed the perfect spino with 2 other tribes. It seems that the melee damage on my spino is not as good as the others. It appears that after the tame, melee was 385% and therfore everytime you level melee damage it goes up by 38.5%. I'm taking screenshots of the stats of everything I tame now. But I need to know what is considered high or low. And comparison of stats of other creatures. For example. Argents can be used for melee, stamina, speed, weight. Knowing which animals have certain strengths would help us when levelling them.

Can anyone explain this in detail, or post a link? I can't find a good guide for it. And also an explanation of what to expect when breeding?

14. joerandom

joerandom Member

It's kinda broken but they are slowly fixing it. Mammal pregnancy should be out tonight. Keen to see how i go with baby wolves instead of babysitting an egg.
    Yeah wild dinos level up randomly, i was unlucky and tamed a 120 that had like 6k food haha. Sometimes you get the jackpot with melee, stamina, health etc.
    I still don't fully understand how it all works though, how much per level, wild and the bonus levels taming. Seems kinda random.
    Even tamed leveling gives different % on different dinos for different stats. I wish there was an exact wiki/stats guide somewhere.

15. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

*sigh

Breeding is fucked!

Picked the worst time to hatch some eggs. The times have been increased by 250% (will be 1/2 in 220.3). Ended up hatching 2 argys & a spino (well 2 twin spinos, but the 2nd one glitched through the floor). Stayed up til 3:30AM waiting for the first argy to reach juvenile. Woke up at 6ish, farmed more meat, took a nap and left the character idling in base... Woke up 8:30.... I died, probably from lack of food or water, and the food troughs were completely empty. Couldn't find my body. Lost a mastercraft bow :(

PSA: Don't idle in base when afk, log off, or stand next to an aircon if you remember. And stay away from breeding til they fix the times.

16. joerandom

joerandom Member

Yep it's majorly broken or intentionally impossible. Had a quetzel egg incubate for 18 hours and finally with minutes to pop i fridged it. Because apparently after 10 hours baby stage was 1% on another tribe and they had used thousands of meet, they are talking 100 hours to mature, maybe half a million meat. HAHAHA NO! ill keep it fridged till it's fixed.

Honestly, with kibble, tame a 120 in an hour or 3 depending on dino. Like 18 hours just to hatch the egg before the hard part, this is stupid.

17. gibbz

gibbz Member

Do you guys keep a list of servers you guys play on? If theyre pvp/pve and what the community culture is like? :)

18. Fool

Fool Member

try cooptimalgaming

has both PVP and PVE times overnight.

19. ztorma

ztorma Member

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Fuck private servers. It's only a matter of time before the admin rages takes his ball home with him.