1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ARMA 3 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 20, 2011.

1. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

[​IMG]

ArmA 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Storyline
    Survive, Adapt, Win
    After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

-Survive in the rich & authentic environment
    -Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
    -Win the open-ended & story-driven campaign
    Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.

Key features:
    -Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
    -Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
    -Underwater Combat - take to the seas with a whole new underwater world to explore
    -Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
    -Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
    -Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
    -Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
    -Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

Ingame Screenshots
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Details
    Released: September 12, 2013.
    Rating: MA15+
    Publishers: Bohemia Interactive
    System requirements
    Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista
    Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
    Memory: 2 GB
    Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
    DVD: Dual Layer compatible
    Hard disk: 15 GB free space
    Other: DirectX® 11 (With Support for DX 10)

Launch Trailer:

Stratis Showcase

Official Site: http://www.arma3.com
    BIStudio Gamepage: http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3
    Social Media Sites:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arma3official
    http://www.facebook.com/arma3official
    http://twitter.com/#!/Arma3official

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

dayum...

I wonder if its coming to Xbox?

:p

Seriously though, thank god we still have some hardcore PC devs still around! And what would hardware companies do without completely batshit insane games like this!

PhysX, better animation system, SCUBA and what looks like a Submarine, 2012 gonna be expensive but good :)

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

Hell fucking yes.

4. James086

James086 Member

Something to give the 580s a rough time? Awesome. :thumbup:

5. unwritt3n

unwritt3n Member

Holy shitballs. Fuck yeah. I knew there was a reason why I bought a new PC, and it wasn't just for Battlefield 3.

6. Ospi

Ospi Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhh

7. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

BIS Will be at E3 this year, hopefully can grab a solid Publisher. But more videos and screenies to come for sure!

Main points to note for me, introduction of a physics engine. :thumbup: And Directx10 is now a-go. Awesome.

November 2011 and Summer 2012 can't come fast enough! :lol:

8. ztorma

ztorma Member

arma 2 ig good enough... arma 3 pffft...

9. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Not for 2011... It is getting dated...

10. ztorma

ztorma Member

11. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

Um, why would you NOT want further development of the game?

12. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

Good enough? Then why do we have to install 16 mods just to play a buggy game online? Seriously that game is buggy as hell and has very clunky controls.

I would love to try the game I bought at release but it's very hard to get into for someone not familiar with the series.

13. WackOh

WackOh Member

agreed, i bought this a few weeks ago and ill admit maybe ive spent too much time on faster paced games like bf series, cs, tf etc but the effort i must put into trying to get past the buggy AI especially of my own squad members is very frustrating

i hope the sequel puts a lot more effort into fixing up the AI

14. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Mate, I've been apart of a clan since 2001 with OFP. I know how to play with a bunch of mates.
    But further developments, further improvements, making it look even more awesome is always, always welcome. Why would BIS stop developing if ArmA 2 is 'good enough'? Always aim higher, keep pushing!

ArmA 2 is awesome sure, but it does have flaws. I really hope that BIS with the acquisition of 3 studios (For people unaware, Bohemia Interactive has purchased 3 other independent developers within Czech Republic who now all work under the BIS flag, increasing their manpower to 140+ :) ) they now have the manpower to pump out a very, very successful game, and hopefully the first, since OFP, that has an amazing SP Campaign, not buggy, and is just plain amazing! :)

Remember, it's still over a year away, plenty of time to milk ArmA 2 for all it's juice. :thumbup:

But I must admit those soldier models are just amazing. Awesome models!

15. ztorma

ztorma Member

I do, ARMA3 is a thing of tomorrow, until then I want the best of ARMA2.

My want out of ARMA3 will be to continue the way of gaming I get out of ARMA2 already.

Fast rope, frogman and ect... will be just sugar in my coffee and guess what I like my coffee short and black. I do agree some people out there prefer their coffee with milk and stuff... however if someone who is keen on ARMA3 and yet to find the beauty of ARMA series well I doubt ARMA3 will bring much new to them. If ARMA3 try to change the game from a simulator to a OFP, Battlefield or COD type game... well lets just hope it never happens.

16. ztorma

ztorma Member

I heard about a Joint Operation taking place recently that you were part of... the feedback was that you were "drunk" hence you missed the IED ect... care to comment?

I didn't thinks that is how ARMA is played. Or maybe I am the one who is yet to master the drunken ARMA.

ARMA3 will just allow noobs more ways to f-up on the battlefield and then go back to COD Black Ops. ;)

17. budzilla

budzilla Member

Well, I did want to upgrade my PC early in the next year. Looks like I now have a good reason. :D

None of the screenshots seem to be a graphical upgrade over Arma II, except the last one. But that isn't significant.

18. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

ArmA II maxed is already a amazing looking game...just requires a super computer.

If ArmA 3 can add a bit more quality (the models looked more detailed) and a bit of optimization we are on a winner.

But I'd say we will still need a uber beast of a machine for it.

19. D3LTR33

D3LTR33 Member

Can i ask why the player in this video would fire a number of shots from the hip at a target 200+ meters away? And sometimes even through optics, would take 2 or 3 completely unaimed shots?

Serious questions.

20. ztorma

ztorma Member

Great question.

Suppressing fire and target indication by tracer rounds... :thumbup:

Works in real life works also very well in Arma.

I trust that explains why.