1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ARMA 3 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 20, 2011.

1. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

The only game i'm looking forward to.

The only game that will require an upgrade :(

I just hope they optimise it more than arma2

2. Adarti

Adarti Member

Just Optimise it more than arma2? Arma2 needed alot more than just optimising. It needed major bug fixing and i mean some serious bugs that just made it unplayable. The AI where dumb, the interface was botched up, the missions where broken, it felt like a rush job.

If they havent learnt from their mistakes then Arma 3 will be crap. So i dont have high hopes for it and will wait for reviews and a demo before I buy.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  3. the_director

the_director Member

Arma 2 was great, but the campaign and NPC interaction was rubbish.

One timeless gem:
    Me: Targets?
    Civilian: I saw some civilian civilians here just now. :tired:

That's my main beef with the series; the main campaign just felt like running around forests, failing objectives and getting shot with a trio of idiotic, unhelpful AI. Hopefully ArmA 3's campaign component will be up to scratch.

4. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Play with friends? I enjoyed the campaign playing with 3 other mates. Though its definately not a game for everyone.

5. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

Unlike most BIS actually support their games post release. AI on the other hand is actual AI not like the scripted enemies you see in every other game.

The interface is pretty manageable considering just how much it needs to let you do.

6. Adarti

Adarti Member

We had at least 6 members who played together thru the campaign at a time. We experienced server crashes, missions broken, buggy everything from graphics, to weapons, vehicles, AI, lag, did I mention missions BUGGED, couldn't finish or continue campaigns, MP was not very good. ect.

We all would of loved it if it wasnt all these problems. We kept at it and we finished the campaign a few times. But we all felt let down no matter how much we ignored the bugs.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  7. Philll

Philll Member

8. Domokun

Domokun Member

I hate to think what kind of hardware will be required to achieve that level of detail. :wired:

9. Linkin

Linkin Member

I'm keeping an 8800GT handy for PhysX just in case.

10. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Those new screenshots look solid.

To go along with that, a community Alpha is being released post E3, so late June. Following that there will be a beta. That's excellent news. :thumbup:

11. Unframed

Unframed Member

Preordered this last week. I read somewhere that multiplayer will have 100 player matches. Sounds intense to me.

12. budzilla

budzilla Member

This made me smirk.

13. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

ARMA2 already supports games with over 100 players but good luck finding a server to run it all.

14. Unframed

Unframed Member

Fair point. I have Arma 2 but at the time I never played multi and found SP boring. What's the MP like in 2?

15. budzilla

budzilla Member

It's fun. But it works best when you play with an organised group of people.

16. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

You pre-ordered based on a game that you didn't either play or like?

No wonder we kept getting shit shoved into our faces if the attitude is buy it 12 months before release and hope its good and if not, oh well..

They do usually release a demo btw.

I bought Arma 2 after the demo and release, only played for a few hours all up. The SP didn't last long before I gave up, MP I tried to get into but having to install a handfull of various 3rd party mods/patches to even connect to a game made a joke out of buying it. Throw in a lack of ingame information/tool tips and a few bad experiences of no help from experienced players and even getting kicked. Then the AI was horrible,either marksman shots before I could even see them or just stood around waiting to be shot.

17. Unframed

Unframed Member

Way to make retarded assumptions.

I pre-ordered for a few reasons:
    Multiplayer, since BF3 I've gotten quite into Multiplayer FPS.
    I'd seen in-game footage and quite liked what I saw. That only covered SP (still looked awesome).
    I prefer tactical and realistic combat. Simulators are a greater challenge and far more entertaining.

18. lithos

lithos Member

QFT.

It's a triumph of marketing that they've convinced people to by shit sight unseen.

19. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Can I enquire to where you pre-ordered from? From my knowledge, a pre order for the game is not yet available...

The game is looking very nice, and every day that passes BIS have an updated build of the game. With daily improvements from a very dedicated and passionate team, I can't wait to see what they deliver later on in the year :)

20. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

You sure I'm the one making retarded assumptions?

You bought a game based on some screenies and footage, plus a lot of promises... much like Arma2 which I'm assuming you are also using as an idea of what the game will be like. If anything, it will be exactly like Arma2... Full of promise but unplayable for a while after release and extremely buggy still after 12 months.

Not quite sure why you think this has anything to do with the conversation about pre-ordering games based on press releases. Some sort of thinly veiled elitism?

For the record, I'll be checking out the demo and making a decision based on reports from those who have played it, reviews, and with full knowledge of the companies history of game releases, the amount of players/servers (big prob with Arma2) and lastly weighing all that up by the cost.

As been mentioned, not exactly new. Good luck finding more than 3 or 4 servers though,each with around 20 or 30 guys in it. Even if the server is full, I doubt you'll find any 100p in Australia.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012