1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

ARMA 3 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 20, 2011.

1. Tacooo

Tacooo Member

A3MP/AIATP, RAV Lifter, CBA (think this works fine but it's just a dependancy so can't test without others) and a couple of other small ones. Eventually I'll be installing the RHS mods though. If you could help that'd be great. Add me on Steam.

2. roamin

roamin Member

3. Dimtar

Dimtar Member

Been trying it out with mates. A little buggy so far but thats to be expected but its pretty damn good as a mod.

4. roamin

roamin Member

yeah not wrong, its going quite well for a mod thats just been released. building seems to be working pretty well and the party grouping works well too.

tapping my feet waiting for a cherno server to pop up in australia. as soon as it does i will be jumping on that. ccg already have cherno servers but we get ping kicked in australia.

5. xHardz

xHardz Member

That mod looks very interesting, I showed a couple of mates and I think we will all get it and give it a go :)

I really like Arma3, had it since you could pre-buy and play the alpha/beta or w/e it was but it has always ran like a shit which really turns me off playing.

A few weeks ago I tried to play some normal games and they were ok, jumped into a wasteland or similar mod and it was even worse. Gave me a headache from the low frames after 10 mins or so. It seems some servers are worse than others, but running on 100mb NBN so shouldn't be an issue at my end.

PC is getting a little long in the tooth; FX-4100, 8gb and 290x should be able to play @1080p with decent performance... I wish the game ran better as it is a ton of fun.

Any tips or getting it working a little better? I've looked around a lot and tried some configs and shiz but something that is actually working for people would be nice :)

6. roamin

roamin Member

do you use a ssd? ssd makes a huge difference to the gameplay. i had this on my hdd the other day and started playing for 5 minutes and it played shit so i put it straight back onto the ssd. plays great.

16gb ram
    2x titans in sli

even my rig was average on a normal hard drive.

the game is constantly seeking data on the hdd. so make sure its on a ssd to speed it up.

7. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

Looking for something more? You dont have to be an Arma veteran or milsim enthusiast to enjoy Arma 3...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4SxE-taj06l1a3vquZnbA
    Teamspeak: ts.foxhound.international

About us
    Foxhound International is an Australian based tactical squad for the ArmA series. We have recently formed, but our roots go back to OFP.
    We play 2 nights per week, and often congregate on our teamspeak server for other games.Foxhound uses Teamspeak 3 and Facebook to co-ordinate events.

[​IMG]

How We Roll - Casually Serious
    Foxhound is a squad that focuses on top quality missions that are played in a serious manner. We dont have ranks or attendance rules, so the environment is pretty relaxed. We do have a few golden rules though, two of which are:​
    1) Games faces on at briefing screen
    2) Players must be mature in game, regardless of age

Fulminate - Foxhound's Custom Launcher

[​IMG]
    Never have mod troubles again! Introducing our custom built mod sync/ game launcher. At the click of a button you will sync up with our server's mods and be ready to play.
    This program has the ability to scan your Arma root folder for any mods that you have downloaded, and if required it will create a hard link to that file which means:
    1) it prevents you from downloading duplicates files and
    2) the copied files will not take up any extra disk space

You can connect straight into our server via Fulminate.

Fulminate also signs all our mods with custom .bikeys. This way players cannot run any mods on the server that are not signed, which results in minimal bugs and higher fps in game.

Interested?
    Head over to our
    recruiting page and follow the steps.

8. xHardz

xHardz Member

Sweet might look into that. I have been 50/50 on getting an SSD, but I guess if I only load OS + a couple of games 250gb should be ok.

9. riccoo

riccoo Member

Bump just got back into this and loving it even got a mate with a exile server if anyone still plays looking at getting a decent POP on it

10. breno

breno Member

Dude, if anything that FX CPU is holding you back, swapping out platforms to even a 4th gen I5 you will see performance gain. I had a FX 6300 and saw a 30% fps increase in far cry 5 alone.

11. MotoMan

MotoMan Member

You realise you responded to a post from 4 years ago... yeah?

12. riccoo

riccoo Member

im confused how this arma 3 thread if dead when its an OP game

13. breno

breno Member

lol I didn't actually....

MotoMan likes this.
  14. Splade

Splade Member

I might be a bit late to the party but I picked up arma3 in the steam sale the other day.

I've been playing on an antistasi server and the strayagaming big server.

Heaps of fun

15. riccoo

riccoo Member

never late and welcome, do you liek survival type of games? if so ill post up the details of this new server im on its using the exile server mod :)

16. Splade

Splade Member

I'll give it a go

I just had my butt kicked in antistasi again. Mostly due to my own stupidity

17. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Downloading on Steam as I type...

18. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

Another Steam Sale ring in. Downloading now. Quite a few guides out there to read while I'm waiting. Any suggestions on some good ones?

Haven't played since Arrowhead, and even then only 10hrs or so all up. Lot of time spent back in the day with 1 and Flashpoint. Looking forward to this. I'll knock out the single player before going online.

19. akallabeth

akallabeth Member

Check out some of the streams on Twitch, its a good way of finding some modes that you will enjoy playing. ARMA3 has branched out so much... there is something for most in there.

20. Splade

Splade Member

Ive got an antistasi server running at a3.goldenrivet.xyz at the moment

Im not getting very far...