Armed Assault

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by WASM, Feb 22, 2007.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

I dont have a problem with assigning the axis..its the sensitivity. Theres no "in-game" sensitivity setting..you have to edit values in the "player file."

One would think that with all the games out there like this, they could come up with better joystick settings in game.

2. iNeLuKi

iNeLuKi (Banned or Deleted)

My joystick has options for sensitivity in the driver options that override in game settings. I know some even let you create profiles for different games, you don't have anything like that?

3. SiRiNO

SiRiNO (Taking a Break)

Too bad it kicks in FADE (aiming goes to shit, you turn into a bird randomly etc etc :p )

4. r8response

r8response Member

i haven't noticed that. probably cause my aiming is already shit. actually come to think of it i tried the weapons range training mission and i couldn't hit a single target.

weird, i plugged my joystick in (its about 3-4 years old) assigned a couple of axis and its worked flawlessly. although i can control cars, trucks, tanks etc with it.

have a look and see if there is a sensitivity option in the "vehicles" settings, not the aircraft

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

The main problem I have is with "banking". When I bank left for example and then return the joystick to dead centre the chopper is still banking left...when I try to correct this by banking right (which seems to take too long) the chopper starts to barrel roll and Im heading for terra firma!

6. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I'd like to say that I really like this game, but the amount of bugs under Vista/8800GTX with 101.65 is shocking.. the 1.05 update is a complete waste of time..

7. karnage112

karnage112 Member

I saw it at GamesWizards for $69

8. toje

toje Member

no issues on XP with a 7600GT, some settings are on low, a absolute beautiful game.

9. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

I just got this yesterday and it runs no probs. I have winXP , 939 3500 AMD system with a 7600gt. I run most things on medium/low settings. Those of us that played OFP know that its a big game and frame rates can drop easily with all the textures etc.

All that I'll say about this game is that is a lot like the original OFP but with a LOT of enhancements, especially in the graphics department. Game physics are also really good. This game (though its not perfect) puts BF2 into the arcade realm. Its realy quite strategic for a first person based game and tactics will help immensely.

OGN hosts a good server and theres often 20~30 players on there.

I'm hoping that like the original OFP the source code is released and people can make mods real quick. The CTI games in OFP were awesome!

10. snm

snm Member

Umm... how come i can't hit anying? All the guns are shooting all over the shop! Am lucky to hit the closest target with the M16. The grenade launcher randomly shoot about 15 degrees off in each direction...

Edit and now i'm flying around as a Seagull :S

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  11. OP
    OP
    WASM

WASM Member

this game is not CS. It a simulation tactical shooter so you should fire down the scope with 2-3 shot bursts. also try crouching or lying down.

Seagull means you're dead :)

12. snm

snm Member

Lying down, single shot mode, zoomed in fully, aimed dead center of nearest target... shot goes wide about 2m at random :S

13. RoNiNSan

RoNiNSan Member

Using the nocd crack?? read above

14. r8response

r8response Member

your not by chance using a no-cd crack are you?

15. Sheriff

Sheriff Member

Seagull, shooting inaccuracy, and super AI is a result of FADE implemented by the developers. FADE is activated by a no-cd crack or a blacklisted serial.

16. lowdog

lowdog Member

How fucking lame is that, so we have to have our dvd in the drive and hear the rom spinning up all the time when we play the game. :thumbdn:

17. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Picked this up and started playing on my new 8800 GTS 320 (sligh O/C) and Opty 175 @ 2.4 with 2GB ram.

Surprised that I've still got to drop some settings below low to get a smooth game.

There's a bridge blowing map in the campaign that's just crazy hard. The map is swarming with vehicles and troops and you're solo. I've got killed about 20 times and it's got a bit annoying now. I'm playing tactically, I'm not even attacking the vehicles, but if you get spotted, you're dead :(

Realistic, but hard to enjoy as part of a campaign and one of the early missions too.

18. iNeLuKi

iNeLuKi (Banned or Deleted)

That mission is stupidly easy if you take the boat after popping the bridge. It's more fun to head up behind the enemy push and take them out though.

19. Sheriff

Sheriff Member

More than probable the game is having problems with the latest hardware, I can manage a fair few settings on high running a 7600GT and E6600 without a great deal of problems.

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Didn't see the boat :o