1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Armed Assault

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by WASM, Feb 22, 2007.

1. vespas

vespas Member

The game is tough, compounded by a poor save system for campaign and mission modes. Graphics look better in third person view than first person view, and there is slow down in certain parts if you dont switch the graphics quality down. The AI is ruthless if you happen to screw up.

I prefer being a sniper and create missions since you dont get shot up as frequently.

2. snm

snm Member

Ya problem solved... tis the NO-CD crack, back to putting disc's in and out, in and out...

3. ztorma

ztorma Member

Fantastic Game

I have been playing Arma for a few weeks now. I am so pleased to report the game is a Masterpiece. The way this simulator brings people together is fantastic. Finally a game that does not reward you for how good are you at bunny hopping, but makes you work for every kill and lets you utilise your logic on the battlefield. Each and every kill will be a reward and each and every death will be a lesson you learn whether it’s to stick with your team mates or to go around the target rather than running straight into an ambush. The software is more then a game it is a true simulator of a giant battlefield. This simulator is for people out there who would like to play a game yet keep things realistic and besides learning real life army tactics and to learn the role you play you also learn the ART OF WAR.

The game engine does everything it is supposed to, it expands the so called sand box environment into a true island environment where you could imagine living your life on once the WAR is over. It might not be the most efficient engine when it comes to utilising the latest computer hardware, and even though we will see a lot of improvement with the patches to come; the people who recognise the game today will never care about anything else but the feeling of being a member of a real squad following orders over team speak of your squad leader. My first experience was so memorable I will be telling my grand children about it. I remember gaining permission from a clan to tag along on one of their missions. I was asked to be part of the scout group as a second member; my role was to spot the enemy before they spot us. The first threat scout 1 called out was a house in a valley and the squad leader ordered the guns to set up on the side of the hill while the scout and the assault group flanked the farm house from the left. The terms obstacle crossing, leap frogging, single file, extended line formation did not mean anything to me yet made a lot of sense once I saw a five man unit demonstrating it in the game like I had never seen it in a game being demonstrated. I could have never experienced this without the previous edition of this game called Operation Flashpoint, and I am very happy many new players of the sequel Armed Assault will experience the same but better thanks to all the awesome improvements.

For every flaw of the game I could name and write about ten great things this game has to offer.

If you are one of these people who rather bunny hop your way to victory and love your space bar because it lets you jump over obstacles with a 40kg gear then keep away, because there is no jumping in this game. Well other than para jumping in the middle of the night behind enemy lines to take out the enemy while they are dreaming.

Pros: Co-op, play this game with your friends online. / mission editor / community mods to come
    Cons: Single player

4. anaesthetics

anaesthetics Member

I find it amusing chambered bullets apparently don't exist according to this realistic game.

5. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

one thing i really like about this game is that you hear the cracks of rounds passing by closely, not just the gunshots. For anyone who has been in the army and had bullets fly overhead you'll know what I mean! For those who haven't, when you're being shot at and you hear rounds "whizzing" by, they're not aimed at you, when you hear a crack (kinda like a loud cap goin off near you), they are aimed at you. Its to do with the bullet goin faster than the speed of sound and being close enough that you can hear the mini sonic boom type thing.
    Anyway, this game has that, and I havent come across any other game that has done this yet. :thumbup:

6. ztorma

ztorma Member

Russian roulette does not get more real than playing it at home with your loved ones.
    BTW: keep an eye out on this site: http://www.armaholic.com/ who knows maybe soon you will see some of your .38 favourites

7. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I 'should' be getting my Copy today, so when I do, I'll be sure to jump on some servers and play :) Ill either be under [AIF] Antipop or (SFA)Nebula. :thumbup:

8. TheAvatar

TheAvatar Member

Got the full game and it does the same thing, anyone have any ideas?

9. snm

snm Member

I can't find the damn Hidden Ammo on the 'Construction Convoy' mission.

Any hints?

10. iNeLuKi

iNeLuKi (Banned or Deleted)

The one where you start on the beach? The ammo is in the back of a truck in the church yard.

11. snm

snm Member

Found it cheers!

Trying to destroy the convoy with one sachel charge and 3 LAW rounds is a challenge!

12. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

13. sting3r

sting3r Member

Damn this game sounds awesome, i'll hopefully pick it up next week and be ready for some sweet co-op action

14. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

Man wtf I cant find this game anymore (North Shore area) I saw it in EB when it came out, wanted to get a bit more money then buy it now no one fucking stocks it anymore :mad:

15. virtvirt

virtvirt Member

i love you zoli.

16. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

i saw a few at EB at broadway last weekend. And also 2 in the pitt st mall store.

17. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

EB in Brisbane (various stores) have loads of them..you might alos try Big W..they stock it as well!!

18. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

There is a 'new/proper' no-cd crack now avaliable at GCW for those who hate putting in the DVD all the time. Just a heads up :thumbup:

Also, some new ADF guys are almost completed by 'Warefare Designs' Will post link here when they are completed.

Just a heads up, (SFA) Special Forces Australia is now recruiting for ArmA, if you are interested, add me in msn; hurley.matt@gmail.com and we can talk further.. ;)

19. trevor68

trevor68 Member

20. glimmerman

glimmerman Member

I don't know about telling my grand children:rolleyes: , but yes, you are right. The game definatly delivers.