Assassins Creed 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by power, Nov 10, 2011.

1. lawltank

lawltank Member

Yeah. Horrible game, and this is coming from a big fan of the series. What annoyed me was how the storyline didn't progress enough. It was pretty much a filler title...at least ac3 looks like the story is going to pick up again..errr...I hope so..:Paranoid:

2. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

If you're looking for story moving you should like it, it's a lot more cinematic than the previous games.

The voice acting is quite hilarious overall, some areas is great others it's rather sad. The VA's for the indians sound like lifeless robots and there's certain areas where characters yell out and it sounds extremely low budget, yet other scenes the quality is more than acceptable.

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

I can't wait for your impressions when you beat it ;)

4. Philll

Philll Member

5. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Only Amazon sell Steam compatible keys. I bought one, it works perfect.

Goddamn this looks so much better on PC. Played the 360 version for an hour before I gave up and saved my eyes the awful strain of deciphering the jaggies.

Framerate is a little wonky for me. Mostly 60, apart from busy sections of Boston / Frontier.

6. Philll

Philll Member

Well I've got the physical, no doubt a sale will allow me to nab it later on

I don't actually mind this game, I prefer it to Absolution already, at least it does what it's good at.

What I would give for a ship + ship combat from this game, in an open world RPG ^_^

7. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

I grabbed it from Amazon for $50, but the Steam Version doesn't unlock for another few hours? Are you using a VPN?

Not that I'm worried about playing tonight. I have study to for an exam friday, so I'm vacating the weekend. :D

While I'm slightly disappointed in the low-res menus/HUD, I'm pretty used to it playing on 2560x1440. Most HUDs are stretched from the 1080p version anyway. :/

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

VPN unlocked it, but now it's out for us here anyway.

9. lawltank

lawltank Member

Ah damn haha. Hopefully it won't disappoint! Might be a while though, this game seems HUGE and it doesn't help that I'm quite enjoying just running around hunting/tree climbing.

10. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

It's fun so far, bar the crash.

11. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Played the first hour or so so far.

Initial impressions are it's incredible compared to the other AC games. The setting really does it for me - my favourite setting for movies/games.

The storyline so far is almost as engaging as a movie - so much better presented than previous ACs (which, compared to AC3, come off as extremely dull and stiffly presented - more there to support the gameplay, whereas now the story is interesting in itself). I'd actually go pay to see a movie based on what i've seen of AC3 so far....

Also hope one day that
    we get an AC set in london as the start of the game somewhat hints at. Starring Birch would be awesome too - so far he's a badass. Like AC's version of 1700s james bond.

Would also love a game which consists purely of the naval part of the game with thrown in multiplayer.

Graphics are also vastly improved - everything looks sharp and so very well put together.

12. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

I found it has only started to really pick up after 4 hours and 5 sequences.

It's basically a movie with a few dozen tutorial missions up to that point.

13. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

So far the game play has only consisted of walk over here, and press x. Now walk over here. Watch cut scene. Walk over here. Press x. Etc.

Still manages to be somewhat engaging. Again probably ly due to my love for the setting. You can see the money that went into making this game.

14. NiTeHaWk

NiTeHaWk Member

So where is the cheapest place to get the ass 3 digital deluxe edition (steam compatible version) ? i saw if for 80US on amazon but it said you needed as US address and it couldn't be gifted.

15. cyborg

cyborg Member

Can't fire at the powder kegs in sequence 2 this game is full of bugs

16. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Just started playing, looks great and so far story is the best since AC2.

17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

As silly as it may sound, aim away from the powder keg until it gets highlighted. Then you can shoot.

18. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

already past this part, had no issues here.

haven't seen any real bugs yet, normal glitches you see with this engine but yeah nothing showstopping.

19. cyborg

cyborg Member

tried that still stuck gun won't fire alot of people are stuck in the same spot just look in the ubisoft forums.

20. Toranova

Toranova Member

The game itself is awesome too bad the PC port is horrible for a lot of people.

It appears the game wasn't optimized for PC properly and a chunk of the community can't play in Boston or any other major city due to huge FPS drops. People are reporting that GPU's are idling at 30% usage while the game chugs.

Personally I can't get past Boston due to it running so horrible on my machine, regardless of graphic settings and or crossfire being on or off. It seems to be happening to nVidia and AMD users.

If you want to play this game in the short term I would go get the console version :S

1920x1080@60mhz
    i5-750 @ 3.6ghz
    8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    2 x AMD 6970 in crossfire
    G.Skill phoenix pro SSD and 320gb Raptor