Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by power, Jun 1, 2018.

1. NSanity

NSanity Member

fixed. :p

power likes this.
  2. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

That's pretty much the standard in most games like this. But like I said, I can go anywhere on the island and he magically manages to find me. If this isn't normal behaviour then perhaps it's a bug?

The first time he killed me I went back to the last save which was back at the village where you get the quest. As I was about to head off again I noticed him coming up on the "radar" and sure enough he comes walking along up the road into the village. I tried fighting him again and it was the same result, death.

The next time I bolted away on the horse and got well away from the area and then I decided to check out a Cyclops village I found. About a minute later while scoping it out who comes walking up the road? Talos the Stone Fist. The dude is stalking me! :lol:

3. Adarti

Adarti Member

I like the ship battles, they are fun.

4. Blank_127

Blank_127 New Member

I hear this is grindy as hell. ?

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

So they can sell you XP boost's for more $$$$$$$. They design it so it's grinding like some mmo so you have to, they have the power to make it what they want.

Gone are the day's of a single player game, it;s all about how to fleece gamers out of more money from the games they love to play.

6. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Just restart the game mate if you are really struggling to take the first mercenary and your level is only like lvl 2 or something, alternatively just keep practicing your parry and dodge timings as he is really not that hard especially if you could give him a stealth attack before the fight which was what I did. My only problem with this game so far is that it needs more grinding to level up compare to Witcher 3.

7. frnak

frnak Member

Yeah I've read there's a 50% XP boost DLC.
    It sounds like they've made the game grindy to push their DLC. Sketchy AF.

I was interested until I found out about that.

8. Adarti

Adarti Member

Its not that much grindy, The story keeps it exiting and the "go in and kill the guards at a fort " has come up a few times but there are so many other various missions that it doesn't feel grindy.

You don't need XP boost, there is plenty of things to do to get the level up. Its not a race to the end, so why buy XP boost.
    You can play the game the way you want and if you want to take short cuts , go ahead, do all the missions /side missions . You can do that as well. I am exploring and find extra stuff and its helping me level quickly.

9. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

It's all good now. For the first time he stopped following me and stood still in the township so I took the opportunity to sneak away and level up. Funnily enough, once I got to level 4 he decided to go on a walk again and tracked me down on the other side of the island where I finally managed to kill him. For good measure I dumped his body in the ocean for the fishes to feast on lol.

In hindsight I think it's quite clever that the game allowed this to happen however I think it was all a bit too much when you are just starting out. His constant following of me but not actually seeing me (which was strange in itself) was blocking any attempt to progress my character.

10. MrBS

MrBS Member

10 hours in with 10% completion, need to push the story forward to get all the toys... but I also want to just faff around before doing the main missions.... I might do that instead :p

11. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

It seems to be about 1% per hour which lines up with many reviews saying 80-100 of gameplay. I've been trying to do as many side quests as possible before moving on through the main story. The 2nd mainland you move to though does have you move through quite a number of regions so it starts getting harder to do so. I'm at 15 hours and really enjoying it.

12. 2SHY

2SHY Member

This game is a action RPG a la Mass Effect series and The Witcher series.

13. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

it looks like a carbon copy of Origins which I haven't even finished wait for sale my end.

14. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Found a funny thing while playing last night. When you spartan kick someone carrying a dead body, for some reason the game registers the kick against the dead body and sends it flying while the person you actually kicked doesn't cop a hit! :lol:

I suppose you may be wondering how on earth I came across someone carrying a dead body? When I was sneaking around a fort on a killing spree the guards must of come across a pile of bodies I had stashed in the bushes and after unsuccessfully finding anyone decided to take care of their fellow soldiers by carrying them to a large well (actually it's just a really big hole in the ground leading to cave you can sneak in from) and dumping them in there.

It was the strangest thing. I first noticed this from the other side of the fort when I saw an outline of a person carrying something and then stopping and dropping a body down the hole. Not knowing what the hell was going on and who's bodies they were, I took a closer look and discovered they were carrying the bodies of the soldiers I had killed. The cool thing about it was when they were stopping to dump the bodies they were saying some final words to their fallen comrade so this is obviously something they are scripted to do which I thought was pretty neat.

So yeah, that's where I thought it would be fun to spartan kick the guard down the hole to join his comrade but it didn't turn out like I expected. :D

breno likes this.
  15. yaphax

yaphax Member

What's the performance of the game like on slightly weaker graphics cards? I have a r9 280x on amd r5 1600, will it be okay on medium settings? prefer above 60fps obviously...
    Looks really interesting as it's something like the witcher 3

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Looks worse then witcher 3 and runs heaps worse.. 1080ti cant even hold 60fps on ultra so yeah expect pretty average performance and alot of the candy off.

Bad port is bad.

17. NSanity

NSanity Member

Eh. your pc is junk then. I've been smashing ultra no problems.

6950X w/ 1080ti and 1TB Samsung Pro.

Can't really complain about the looks. The game is Origins++ though. Hard to pick up if you just put Origins down. Stuff is different - and I would have enjoyed this more than Origins, but i've just played Origins (or 40 hours or so of it), this isn't different enough imo.

18. grrrr

grrrr Member

19. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Runs great on my 1080ti at 1440p. All max settings except shadows down a notch. Something wrong on your end.

20. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

Same here. 8700 and 1080ti. 1440p on Ultra with clouds turned down. 80-90fps average