Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by power, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

What’s the story and quests like?

I started Origins ages ago and haven’t got back to it as the games pile keeps growing but I was enjoying it.
    I think I might give this one a miss as the Egyptian theme for origins is of more interest to me.

2. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

i'm wondering if this is much different to Origins because it's one of the first AC games ever I got a bit bored with and moved on. All the media makes it look almost identical.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Yeah they were obviously developed side by side. The Sparta theme is just not pulling me in where as I really enjoyed Origins Egyptian world. Tbh after playing God of war and now RDR2 everything is boring lol.

Might play tomb raider next???

4. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

playing RDR2 myself with a side helping of a couple of classic zelda games. this ac game is my least anticipated.

5. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I'm actually the opposite. I couldn't really get into the Egyptian setting in Origins, too much boring desert. In Odyssey it's different as you've got the Greek Isles so plenty of explorable ocean and ship combat makes a welcome return (besides also the theme I loved Black Flag for this reason also) and some of the scenery is stunning. Makes the world a much more interesting place to explore for me.

I've never really been into Greek Mythology and the history of Ancient Greece but I'm definitely digging this.

im late and Adarti like this.
  6. kill_a_wat

kill_a_wat Member

I like the historical Greek/Spartan theme. Been playing it for a couple of hours and have just got off the first island. Hoping to try and level up some more tonight :)

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

This game has seriously good hdr.. Without and with below.. Taken with camera phone (grain of salt etc etc) but pretty obvious..

20181111_220109.jpg 20181111_215910.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Looks too dark in areas.

9. Goose1981

Goose1981 Member

I'm ~70 hours in, spent most of it dicking about... only now up to the main story quests in Sparta. Bit of a shame though, most things are level 48 and i hit 50 a while back (from all the dicking about).

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Can be tweaked to likings but it's a big improvement. Also is a photo of screen looks diff in person.

But whole point of hdr is being able to have dark areas in a bright scene.

11. Adarti

Adarti Member

After 172 hours I have completed all the main quests and a lot of side and other quests.
    I have got the season pass, so I just need to wait and see what comes next.
    I still get on and explore abit. But it was a great game over all.

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. MrBS

MrBS Member

Respect Adarti! That concerns me that being 70 hours in I've got a ways to go!

13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Is the main char in any way an assassin?

Heard more of an action RPG.

But still will give a go.

14. Adarti

Adarti Member

I could of completed the main quests around 150 hours, but I did drag it out with lots of side quests, chase the rear ships and explore the land.

I have so much drachma( 1.2 million) that I have leveled up all my legendary gear, 12 complete legendary outfits, got a full legendary ship, Legendary horse, and have tested a number of times different abilities, from Assassin, Hunter and Warrior. At the moment I am using my full Achilles' legendary gear and a mix of mainly Warriors and hunter with some assassin for some stealth. Not that I need stealth any more, I can take out over 6 soldiers with ease. Unless 3 Mercs join them, then its a challenge. hehe

kill_a_wat likes this.
  15. MrBS

MrBS Member

lol I'm at about 800K drachma myself at the moment

16. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Currently playing this, only 5 or so hours in and only just left the intro island, but damn, this is impressive! Currently got a double hunter bounty on me, so having fun with that lol.....

17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Man I'm at level 34, done about 60-70 hours if I recall correctly and only 45% of the main quest (been spending a he'll of a lot of time exploring doing side quests) and I'm struggling for cash.

Mind you I've been sticking with the same armour look with a few changes here and there so I'm constantly pouring money into upgrades. Plus recently I've been scrapping armour/weapons for the raw materials which has killed that money source.

Still really enjoying it though as I'd rather it be a struggle than having way too much money.

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    walker_2003 likes this.
  19. kill_a_wat

kill_a_wat Member

I was upgrading alot but ran into the same problem with not enough resources...so now I just try and do what I can without upgrading lol. I use to many arrows when fighting I think haha.

20. Goose1981

Goose1981 Member

I only upgraded every ~4-5 levels (and only if i hadn't picked something up i switched to instead.. never ran out of cash, resources got scarce a couple times though.