Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by power, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

2. MrBS

MrBS Member

After 100 hours I had finally cleared the map with 25% completion. On to the second story mission lol. Now at 105 hours with some story missions done at 40% completion with a whole bunch of new side missions to clear. The completion percentage weighting in this series continues to be all over the place :p

Goose1981 likes this.
  3. kill_a_wat

kill_a_wat Member

My 1080Ti is being RMA'd so no ACO :( Thankfully I finished Legacy of the First Blade just before it died. Still itching to play ACO though

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i haven't played the game in a while so i have lost track about where i am in the game LUL

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6. MrBS

MrBS Member

140 hours in now and 56% done, this game just keeps throwing more side quests at me. I will get there dammit!

7. Sledge

Sledge Member

i remember the controls for ASS creed games being weird...never really got into them because of it
    are they still like that?

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Its had a complete overhaul verse original few games. Different now, so give it a crack.

9. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

I've sunk a lot of hours into this, currently 110+hrs iirc, and only just 50% through the story line. Kept getting distracted by side quests and exploring, and occasionally running away lol

10. Radley

Radley Member

I bought this in the sales a couple of days ago but haven't tried it yet. Very keen on giving it a go but there's zero chance I'll ever finish it. Who on earth has time to sink 100+ into a game these days?!

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Kids on school holidays?

12. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Or OCAU members who can dropa little bit of time every once in a while to gradually progress through the storyline..... ;) :D

Flamin Joe likes this.
  13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I could easily but it would be over like 8 week period. And I struggle to stay engaged in games when I can only play a little here n there. That's why I prefer meaningless online shoot em ups.

14. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I work full time have 3 kids (2 of which are 5 and under) and I've clocked up over 100 hours......................in 4 months.

I play maybe an hour or so here and there, sometimes with a break of a few days, sometimes a week. But at the end of the day if you do something for a long enough period the hours will add up. So yes it's actually quite easy to sink 100+ hours into a game.

walker_2003 likes this.
  15. Radley

Radley Member

I guess it's possible, but there's so many games on my list I don't know where to start!

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i wished the pc version had checkerboard rendering.

17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Yes, herein lies the real problem. You can do the hours but just not the quantity so the list just gets bigger and bigger.

I already know what I'm doing next though, Just Cause 4. After this epic I think I just need some mindless fun of which I couldn't care less if I complete it or not I just want to blow shit up. :)

18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

There is an option to use dynamic resolutions to keep fps at a desired value.. I use that for 4k 60fps and it seems fine.

19. MrBS

MrBS Member

Currently at 160 hours with 100% completion according to stats and all the current DLC done. I can't see any more missions to do so I've just got some stone tablets to find and a handful of achievements left before I can put this to bed.

An iterative entry on Origins it's certainly an improvement on the combat but I think I liked Origins more for the narrative. The lighter tone of this entry was a lot of fun though. The RPG real choices bizzo ended up being more shallow than promised (SHOCK!!!!) Sure you have a bunch of variations on the ending depending on who you killed and there are a number of choices presented throughout the game but these choices don't really go anywhere and the repercussions are incidental most of the time.

The game needed more present day stuff, you get some morsels to move things forward but not a lot, less than Origins. The upcoming paid DLC Atlantis chapter will probably shed more light on this.

A gripe for this entry is the game has an optional bonus 'secret ending' that you can unlock a couple chapters before the end of the game which doesn't really make too much sense to watch until the end so it's a bit weird to go through it then go through quite a few story beats after it. It's cool at least ;)

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

having not played AC for ages.. I am loving the new direction (even though I thought I wouldnt).

This game so far is amazing.

Have more urge to play this then:

-Witcher 3
    -God of War
    -Red Dead Redemption 2

Its just the right balance of fun/exploration without being too complex/intimidating for time poor gamers (looking at you witcher 3!)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019