1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, Feb 25, 2013.

1. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

you have just named the 2 series i went in mainly. GT and Star Mazda (my fav)

2. supernom

supernom Member

anyone interested in setting up a drift server sometime? only ones I can find are like 350-400 ping

3. Coopz

Coopz Member

4. The Brad

The Brad Member

God dammit I just blew my load.

5. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I'm looking forward to the new vette+lazer nords hahaha

6. BuD

BuD Member

these modders are really putting some mad effort into the models

7. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Dear followers,

Our development team is working hard on the next release of Assetto Corsa, that will upgrade the main version of the game and will include important additions. We would also like to thank you for all the constructive criticism and helpful tips you submit to our official forums everyday helping our team to improve Assetto Corsa at the best.

Graphics
    We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.

Artificial intelligence
    CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their "racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.

Flag and rules
    The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.

Overcast conditions
    Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.

Damages, views and sounds
    Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.

Replays
    Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.

Pre-order and release date
    Assetto Corsa is not in Early Access anymore but that doesn’t mean that development is finished. As promised, the Dream Pack will also include several improvements, optimizations and new features. All the new code features will also be included for free on the main simulation, to allow gamers to enjoy Assetto Corsa and the new Dream Pack even more. However the process needs time to be completed. The release of the Dream Pack and of Assetto Corsa 1.1 is confirmed for Q1 2015. Thank you very much for understanding, for your kind support and passion.

8. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

Oh nice

The flags and rules has to be one of the last few things that this game would need to finally sway people from the other sims. It should make it a lot nicer in the online matches too. Looking forward to this update for sure :D

9. Coopz

Coopz Member

Looks like another quality update, I spend 50-60% of my time in AC in single player mode so I really welcome the AI updates:thumbup: Also hope they improve or fix the current penalty system.

10. pugsley

pugsley Member

Same, and putting 4 wheels on the grass for a split second and copping a slow down penalty is my main gripe with the game. So if they improve upon that i'll be happy to shell out for the dream pack and get me some GTR goodness :p

11. solid_snake

solid_snake Member

Looking forward to more car/track packs. Highly recommend everyone try the 49 Lotus at Spa.

So much fun

12. [AOB]TommO

[AOB]TommO Member

Will give it a whirl. I also really enjoy the RUF at Mugello :)

13. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Penalty system can be disabled ingame now...

14. neopheX

neopheX Member

You always could do this.

15. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Sweet.. Only $10USD for a number of cars and the Nordschleife..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/347990/

16. Coopz

Coopz Member

Excellent value. I've pre ordered.
    Love AC:thumbup:

17. solid_snake

solid_snake Member

Same. $10 is an absolute steal. I'm really starting to get into sim racing, iRacing and AC are taking up all my time at the moment and I'm already planning some expensive upgrades to my racing hardware :upset:

18. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Awesome. Since I've been mining steam cards lately it only cost me $2.70 :D

19. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

One could argue that a laser scanned Nordschleife is worth the $10 asking price, let alone 10 new cars .. :shock::shock::shock:

20. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Cant believe there's people on Kunos' facebook announcements bitching that it was supposed to be free or 50% off.

10 bucks is incredible value.