Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, Feb 25, 2013.
It that that the conversion or the souped up reloaded version?
ReLoaded, has all the high res textures and what not.
My first thought was 'What, looks nothing like Blackwood! Oh ok yeah'
Here is some news from the dev team....
" Yes, we know. Lately we left you a bit alone. We understand that lack of news can give a wrong impression, but we have never gone away. We had an awesome experience at E3, that has followed the announcement of Assetto Corsa on console for next year, and we came back with a lot of exciting new opportunities for Assetto Corsa. We are working on more than 30 new cars and new tracks that are being produced for all formats, as well as a completely new interface and new and improved features. It is obvious that the Assetto Corsa project grows more and more and so we decided to enlarge our team, and in the last six weeks we hired new talented people to help us on our task even more. These activities have required all our attention, in order to organise the workflow of the next months. Contemporary, we paid a visit to Brands Hatch circuit for our Laserscan survey of the track, and we also visited the McLaren Technology Centre, as well as the Ferrari Factory. We have exciting news to share about the reasons of these journeys and we will keep you updated in the following months.
In the meantime, after some testing made during the 24H race weekend, we have started to use a new technology and approach to record sounds, directly at Vallelunga race circuit, where our HQ is located. More details will be revealed soon, but we think you will appreciate the new level of sound environment we are achieving.
As you can see, despite of the lack of news, we are working hard behind the scenes. The free bonus pack will not introduce only new exciting content but, more importantly, new features and sensible improvements, in all sectors: artificial intelligence, physics, multiplayer features, graphics and general performance.
The changelog will give you only a rough idea of what you will find under the hood. The updates related to the physics engine and force feedback will allow you to appreciate even more the new cars included in the bonus pack and rediscover the old ones. Our aim is to guarantee you the best driving experience whichever car model you choose to drive, and we continuously work hard to tweak, update and refresh all the previous content available in Assetto Corsa. Other features are a small preview of the updates that will arrive in future, like for example, the glowing brakes,frequently asked by our fans. That is another reason why we taken more time to complete and test the new build.
Regarding the selection of the new cars, the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde will join the fight versus the 500 Abarth EsseEsse and can also teach a thing or two against some older RWD machinery; the Audi Quattro is a legendary car so loved by car enthusiasts. When it was presented everybody else was struggling to put on the road around 200bhp. The Audi had over 300bhp and 4 wheel drive in the mid 80s! Not enough? We give also a tuned step1 version with locked differentials and “moar powaaah”! The Lamborghini Miura SV is one of the most beautiful car ever created and welcomes the Automobili Lamborghini Brand in Assetto Corsa. It defined the term supercar back in the 60s and now we give you the opportunity to drive this million value piece of car history . The Toyota GT86 has been developed in cooperation with RSR Nurburg, that knows each single secret of this modern hachi-roku (eighty six), a car that makes every car enthusiast yell with excitement and every tyre tremble with fear. Our developers tried hard to learn every aspect of the car dynamics. Some tyres have been sacrificed for the cause… Last but not least, the Nissan GT-R Nismo doesn't need to be introduced: reproducing its dynamic behaviour has been a true and exciting challenge, due to active central differential and the well known performances on the Nordschleife. Thanks to the precious support of RSR Nurburg, the help of engineers that work on the car from around the world and our own research, we have been able to replicate the "Godzilla" at its best.
When? VERY soon!"
Patch 1.2 is live..
Looking forward to giving the new update a run..
Nice update. Godzilla is a real handful!
AI seems a bit better. Few races in the rift with the GT86, perfect combo on Rainey's Baskerville circuit.
any good user made Bathurst tracks about?
any mods that add cars people recommend?
new one being built....
others are not great and too bumpy.
The new cars and track are pretty cool, never raced Zandvoort before, pretty cool layout.
I am liking the 86, fun car.
Time to pick up AC again it seems, looks like a good update.
Still working on it too! Got some surrounding terrain into it last night which is looking pretty sweet.
Dream Pack 2 is now available
So I tried to fire up AC yesterday after a few months break from racing ( Shoulder injury)
A couple of major issues showed up.
1. The game keeps defaulting to 640 x 480. so when I click the race button nothing actually happens (WTF?!). Changed to 1080 it will launch. Resolution settings should not matter.
2. The game keeps loosing my wheel mapping (G27). Deleted old saved controlled profile saved the new one with full mapping. restart the game, all mapping reset load profile all mappings missing.
3. Controller support is non existent in the menus.
So I deleted all local content, reinstalled and the problems are still ongoing.
No mods just vanilla AC with both DLC.
I've yet to have any problems with AC, and I bought it from day1....so not sure why you're unlucky.
an impressive russian car mod.
1.4 out, Car Pack 3 out!
- New reflection rendering system
- HDR now matches real life photographic references
- Improved AI ability to stick to the intended racing line
- Improved AI braking code (able to understand and use locked inside tyre for FWD)
- Vastly improved multiplayer antilag/antiwarp system
- Fixed missing ksBrakeDisc script in all the remaining cars.
- Tweaked wet volume for reverb on high distance
- Tweaked dynamics for Audi R8 Plus interior sound
- New Bmw M3 e30 DTM and Group A exterior sounds
- New font rendering system for dashboards
- Fixed fadeout timing for gravel particles
- Improved digital instruments of all cars
- Fixed some bugged special events
- Tweaked most of the special events to be compatible with tyre model 5/6
- FXAA is now using Kunos' own shader
- Fixed blurred rim/tyres on car with animated suspensions on farther Lods
- ksEditor: added node grid
- Introduced [DRS_ZONES] IGNORE_ZONES in drs.ini to allow road cars to ignore DRS zones (ie. McLaren P1)
- Fixed exaggerate motion blur for some camera modes
- Added serial opponent selection on Options->General: if flagged then opponents skin is not randomly chosen, but alphabetically
- Fixed unrealistic qualify times when session is skipped
- Fixed LaFerrari rear wheels
- Fixed Huracan GT3 model to update it from the pre-season version
- GT3 and GT2 cars tyre heating improvements
- Ferrari 312T Tyre v6
- Audi R8 Plus front torque vectoring and central differential improvements.
- Headlights revised on all cars
- Added missing dashboard lighting to cars where present
- Fixed various LOD issues on a large number of cars
- Car shader overhaul
- Skins fixes and updates on various cars
- Added templates for DP3 cars and Audi R8 Plus
- Optimization across the entire car range (should help with large fields)
- Digital instrument updates
- Fixed collision boxes on various cars
Great update, new shaders make the tracks even better than the new Lotus25 and Lotus 72 are excellent and the Escort is excellent fun. Multiplayer is much better and the AI seem more realistic.
Any guys here got any leagues setup or anything? Wouldn't mind giving online another crack seeing they have done a number of changes to the netcode over the past couple of builds
Still yet to buy DreamPack 3, went to try 1.4 on Friday Night, but I can't launch a session, I can run the benchmark, but everytime I try to go to track or even open the showroom, it kicks me back to game menu.
Tried a few things and nothing worked, so in the end I deleted the files and downloaded again.. Will try it out today hopefully.
New netcode is getting pretty rave reviews with people saying it finally works really well. Should be good, as my last race in our league was ruined because of it.
@neopheX, you're welcome to come and join us.
We are currently running a fortnightly GT3 comp in AC.
Plus we have other event for other games going most of the time (Dirt Rally, Stock Car Extreme etc)