ASUS Announces ROG PG278Q 27-inch WQHD 2560 x 1440, 120Hz+, G-Sync (World First?)

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Bracken_02

Bracken_02 Member

It didn't work for me during the few days my monitor was working. At the time it was a known issue. This was a few months back, though

2. pcgamer01

pcgamer01 Member

^ it works flawlessly for me..

but i stopped using it..

2k is good enough..

i found i prefer normal res over the 4k up...

mainly cause text ingame wasnt so nice

3. Jarrod_

Jarrod_ Member

4. tasmik

tasmik Member

sent 2 off for rma today, my first was already replaced at the shop of purchase as I had an issue with it within 7 days of purchase. but this is now 3 duds out of 3. Power pack dead on one, and no matter how much I said just send me a new pack, lady refused and I had to send the whole damn monitor back. the other is doing this

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18570584&page=136

post #4077 has an image of the exact issue, imagine trying to explain that to the Asian lady on the phone. I have been living with that issue popping up maybe once a day or not and I just need a reboot or pull the plug out the displayport to reset it. annoying as crap but I couldn't be bothered doing a rma, but since I had another completely die on me I thought meh I might aswell complain.

Not expecting them to find the above issue, how can they, I sit here for hours and then it shows up randomly, are they gonna do that.. pretty sure its gonna come back with a big fat sod off.

This last screen I have now noticed today is flickering off completely black every now and then, ... getting totally sick of these screens to be honest, if this keeps flickering off I dunno what to do, I miss my Dell screens, they were so reliable!!

5. Martyn

Martyn Member

I can't get it to work in sli with 2x970's - but I believe that in single GPU config it does work (but can't confirm).

6. glennsfield

glennsfield Member

So what's the deal with this monitor then guys - is it a no go because it dies really quickly?
    Whats the go to gaming monitor these days? I couldn't possibly go smaller than a 27" display after using my 30" Dells :)

7. RoSWeLL

RoSWeLL Member

So how are people handling their RMA's? is there an option to request store credit over a replacement with PCCG?

Mine has had the intermittent blurred screen/text fault and noticeable flickering, not to mention a fairly poor blue backlight bleed on the middle bottom of the screen, I would prefer to get store credit to buy the Acer if possible but if I get a perfect working Swift back from replacement I would be happy but that does seem like a rare chance given reports of multiple RMA replacements.

8. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

PCCG offer store credit or replacement. I had mine replaced by PCCG after a few weeks. They swapped it for another on the spot, and I must be the lucky one around here as I've had no problems with my replacement (going on 6 months).

Not sure if it's a case of people tend to jump online and post when something is wrong and keep quite when things just work, or if I genuinely do have the only working Swift around. :confused:

I would give it 1 more go if I was in your shoes and PCCG wasn't too hard to get to from your locale, but if another replacement/swap down the line is of great inconvenience then the Acer is probably your best bet.

Anyone waiting for the IPS panel from Acer?

9. 6thgear

6thgear Member

If it's a serious fault i.e flickering and monitor would be considered genuinely faulty you can easily ask for a full refund under consumer law as it would be considered a major failure, store credit is the least you should get

10. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

Mine turns itself back on after I've turned it off (via the power button on the monitor).

A little annoying and definitely not a major problem, I'm just hoping it doesn't develop into anything worse :Paranoid:.

11. Flat-6

Flat-6 Member

I note that the lower Aussie $ has impacted the price. Swift at PCCG and at my local retailer here in SA has gone up $120.

From memory I think I paid $980 for mine last Sept.

12. Jarrod_

Jarrod_ Member

I got this:

"As this monitor was not purchased directly from us and you purchased it from a third party we are unable to cover the cost of postage for you as warranties are not transferrable. We were able to help in getting this replaced for you but the postage cost is not covered under warranty."

Kick in the balls to say they wont refund the $60 it cost me to send it to them.

13. spriggan

spriggan Member

Not as bad as the $120 they wouldn't refund for mine.

14. Cephas

Cephas Member

Is that from Asus?
    Poor form.

15. Jarrod_

Jarrod_ Member

Mine was through pccasegear

16. Intercept101

Intercept101 (Banned or Deleted)

i'll check them now

17. meeetch

meeetch Member

So it reached the 4 month mark where the Swift had been in for repairs. Rang PCCG and they said they will get back to me that afternoon, and they did. Gave me a full refund, big props to PCCG but Asus can jam it. Putting out a product with such a high failure rate and charging such a massive price, steering clear of Asus for good now. All the way down to the basics, the damn thing didn't even ship with the right god damn power supply....

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Looking forward to this monitors release.

18. tasmik

tasmik Member

had two of my swifts returned last thurs, plugged them in today and boxed my third up.

These two are working perfectly and both repair reports state they had main boards replaced.

one had fuzzy text the other had powering on issues. The third I have just boxed up is having the same powering on issues (have to plug in and unplug the power until the monitor turns on, the one I returned that had this issue finally stopped powering on, but im not going to wait for it to die completely this time ill contact support on Monday.

19. Scum

Scum Member

Purchased mine 29/11/2014, no issues so far :Paranoid:

20. tasmik

tasmik Member

purchased mine in aug 2014, so prob first dodgy batch maybe!! surely one of my 3 should have been fine, actually 4, I returned one almost right away to the store and the store just swapped it, so no doubt part of the batch they had received.