1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Availability

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Gibbon, Nov 6, 2020.

1. dimmo

dimmo Member

I've read that someone got one from PCCG already. And NZ has shipped a few, as has Denmark. I think the US shipment was delayed somehow. Whilst Newegg/Amazon isn't even allowing shipping to an AU address at the moment, they will soon.

Also, the Dark Hero in Denmark is 3,272.00 DK excl. VAT - which converts to AU$522. Very reasonable even after adding shipping and gst. But AU/NZ, total rip off. Just don't support it. Use a mail forwarder, or wait until Newegg/Amazon ship to AU (won't be too long.... once they have stock that is).

Do not support these rip off practices.

Try and buy from a store that allows Paypal so you can use the Paypal Free Returns if ever you needed it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  2. khing

khing Member

Looks like I might just get a temporary cheap B550 for this built (Cyberpunk2077 sets a time frame!) and then source a Dark Hero in the new year when stock levels stabilise and when prices aren't cray.

Borg3:16 likes this.
  3. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

You might even find the b550 board serves your purposes perfectly and you save a boatload of cash :D

Also not surprised to hear of PLE shifting their ETA around, I know it is just an estimated timeframe but they really lean on the definition of estimate a lot lately to get orders in. I really wish they would just not provide one until it is somewhat solid.

4. khing

khing Member

Haha it probably will be! But I've also earmarked the b550 to use in a secondary computer, so it's a good excuse to get the shiny new toy!

jjjc_93 likes this.
  5. Nukeyb0i

Nukeyb0i Member

can confirm PCCG had a few, me and my friend both got one last week, got it sitting here with my 5950x waiting on ram.. did pay the ridiculous $849 though..

AlmostHuman likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Back to no ETA at Scorptec, as well as ditching the member pricing discount.

Most of the other bits I want are still out of stock anyway I guess. Yay 2020 ;)

7. AlmostHuman

AlmostHuman Member

Picked up my Dark Hero at Scorptec today.
    The 5950X build begins!