ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift 27in 165Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by dzajroo, Nov 16, 2015.

1. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

PCCG received their stock on Friday and already shipping pre-orders....

I will upload pictures and first impression when it lands (and compare to my current TN Swift), but anyone that already have the panel please feel free to drop a line and share your thoughts on it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. Punster

Punster Member

Got mine from Scorptec today, September 2015 batch LCD, some horrible yellow tinting to the light on it. Been using IPS for 7 years so used to the back light bleed on them, this is the worst by far. Trying to play with settings to fix it but I think its faulty lighting, other than that no dead pixels and amazing at 165hz!

3. OP
    OP
    dzajroo

dzajroo Member

That is what worries me the most, I'm used to some B.L.B. but more and more people reporting the yellow tinting :rolleyes:

4. Punster

Punster Member

The yellow tinting can be mostly removed by tweaking the RGB. As for the bleeding it's pretty bad in dark scenes. On the fence for returning, but likely to get another panel the same from what I have read too...

5. portstevo

portstevo Member

6. knightfall88

knightfall88 Member

shame the short stock, I wanted to buy one now

7. tasmik

tasmik Member

have 3 enroute, been a long wait for replacements for my original 3 swifts, will ditch this 40" phillips when they arrive.

8. OP
    OP
    dzajroo

dzajroo Member

Got mine up and running last night, had both new and old switft next to each other. IPS has slightly better colors (but not a huge difference) and is slightly more glossy finish.

They both look nearly identical, only noticeable difference being the backlit ROG logo on the new model and few more options in Menu due to additional HDMI + speakers and overclocking to 165Hz

Best of all, no dead pixels and nearly no Back light bleeding very happy :thumbup:

I was going to take few pictures and post here, but my bloody HTC One M8 camera is turning any picture in a pink-fested ugly blurry picture and don't have any proper camera at the moment

9. Punster

Punster Member

What settings such as brightness are you using?

10. OP
    OP
    dzajroo

dzajroo Member

Brightness: 10
    Contrast: 50
    R:97
    G:93
    B:100

11. Punster

Punster Member

Ah, I'm using the following - though the backlight is yellow when up high its pretty good when gaming etc. Having it under 30 helps with the bleed a lot.

Brightness: 26
    Contrast: 50
    R:93
    G:91
    B:100

12. tasmik

tasmik Member

Pretty happy with the 3 I got, def improvement over the horrid 3 Original swifts I had but I guess time will tell, Saying that guess it's time to flog off this Phillips screen.

13. Scum

Scum Member

14. tasmik

tasmik Member

Out of the 3 I don't notice the blb unless I've got the screensaver running as I use ribbons and that leaves a black screen most of the time.

Then out of the 3 one has significant corner bleed but if it's under normal use I don't notice it as that one which has the worst blb is the middle screen and one I use most.

15. OP
    OP
    dzajroo

dzajroo Member

16. knightfall88

knightfall88 Member

Anyone know where can I buy this monitor?

17. OP
    OP
    dzajroo

dzajroo Member

If you missed the first batch, then most likely nowhere at the moment, you will have to wait for the next batch. better pre-order (mwave should get the nest batch mid Dec.) or wait unit early next year when they get back in stock.

18. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

Yeah I want to get one in the next couple of weeks.

Emailed PCCG and they do not have an ETA at the moment.

19. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Just picked up my October build swift from scorptec. I think Asus fixed their quality check this round. They have more, But I cant guarantee you wont be getting a crap September unit.

20. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Dell need to hurry up and release a 27" 1440p g-sync IPS. Screw Asus and their poor QC.