1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

ASUS Transformer Infinity & 300 Series

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Carey, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Tablets/ACGOA015

Thats a link for the Acer Sleeve in question. Went to OW today in Adelaide, both stores don't have them, apparently they're online order only, and even then, due to them being clearance stock, there might not be any left.

I'm sure there system was only checking SA stores, NSW will probably have one somewhere. You're best off calling your local OW store though rather than wasting the petrol only to find they don't have one!

I'll continue my hunt for a sleeve/case... Thats the one real negative with these tablets, no accessories.

2. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

Give this a try, ebay - just bought one from here.

3. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

Was that Ebay link supposed to take me to a case/sleeve, because it took me to the main Ebay page?

On another note, any decent Forex app's out there for Android?

4. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Either the link is broken or the item has been removed. Happens all the time when i get my email alerts. One out of ten will just take me to the home page, and that's coming straight from ebay.

5. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

6. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

7. dazzyd

dazzyd Member

8. power

power Member

9. dazzyd

dazzyd Member

10. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I was going to get one of those style cases for my TF300T, but after doing some reading there were pretty daming reports about those style cases putting too much stress on the screens (between the bit that keyboard clips into, and the screen), when they are closed up. End result was cracking screens/marking screens.

I've just gone with a Belkin 10.2" netbook bag with hardcover shell. Together it fits in there fine, and if just using tablet, keyboard can stay in there.

11. dazzyd

dazzyd Member

hmm interesting. i have installed mine with the keyboard too and so far all is good.

no stretching etc.

12. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

The minisuit looks just like the generic leather cases that can be had off Ebay. Thanks for the link.

On another note, I just tried out Chrome, much better than the default browser. Faster, pages render better and I don't get crazy things happening when theres an embedded Youtube video. Overall I'm quite impressed. Will try out Chrome tomorrow. Heard if you want to use Flash, you'll need the ICS+ browser.

13. power

power Member

Don't forget bookmark and tab syncing across devices.

14. mikloise

mikloise Member

I prefer chrome in general but have it took me a while to realise that ABC iveiw does work on the tablet you just need to use the default browser. Must be a setting or something that's not supported in the chrome mobile browser.

15. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

Yeah the setting is called Flash :(

16. power

power Member

I actually think they will get a native app soon, the GG team mentioned on last weeks show that there is a GG app coming soon which may or may not co-incide with iview (here's hoping) until then, regular browser works fine.

17. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

Good point, I like this too! Chrome rocks, just converted my brother from Dolphin.

Update on usage, I'm hurting from the lack of App's that I used to use on the iPad for work. But in general usage, the TF craps all over the iPad. It's like having a small laptop that has incredible battery life. Hasn't crashed yet, everything works really well. Still quite happy with it.

Oh and I bought a Case logic 10" netbook sleeve which has a small pocket on the front for $35 from Myer. I gave up on finding accessories lol.

18. robnkel

robnkel Member

19. mikloise

mikloise Member

Im trying to rationalise one of these. Looks so pretty :upset:

20. anark1

anark1 Member

does the micro hdmi, output video only or both video and sound?

am having some trouble finding a micro hdmi cable in shops so may resort to egay to find a cable.