1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Asus Transformer Prime

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Oct 19, 2011.

1. IMtech

IMtech (Banned or Deleted)

I think that's what everyone's waiting on now... Come on Asus get us some TF Prime!!! :lol: :thumbup:

2. F3L1X

F3L1X Member

I'm waiting for them to come in at work so i can get staff discount.

But no word on it yet :upset:

3. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Small numbers of the Prime have started shipping in Asia and the US. hoping mine gets shipped soon from B & H photo.

Asus has locked the bootloader though :(
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/02/asus-now-catching-heat-for-locked-transformer-prime-bootloader/

I am confident that the XDA-devs will be able to crack it as they did with the HTCs. Poor form though from Asus.

Also, OTA updates already rolling out which is good and apparently ICS coming soooooon:
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/02/asus-transformer-prime-v8-8-3-33-update-gps-performance/

4. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

yeah i knew aus would have the stock soon, got 1600 bucks just screaming to be turned into two Primes :D

5. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Where did you see they'll be in Aus soon?

6. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

A mate inquired with centercom they told him that they'll have stock as soon as they return from new year break, also I work for scorptec so I asked internally and got a very similar answer (which was sometime just before mid jan) :)

7. IMtech

IMtech (Banned or Deleted)

Is the rumor of the 9th still true? I'm selling my TF tomorrow and don't want to live too long without android... :lol: :upset:

This is turning into a Waldo chase now... Where is Prime? :lol:

8. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

For which store? I think you'll find the four~ places which list them have the best chance of getting them first since they'd have back orders placed.

for scorptec, I dunno, I beleve (after hassling our ordering dept about the prime haha) we won't have them on the 9th but possibly very shortly after (dont hold me to this tho :p)

9. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

10. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

11. F3L1X

F3L1X Member

I can't decide whether i want the "champagne" colour or the "grey"

i wish the grey wasn't so purple looking..

Also, voiding the warranty with the unlocking tool. Not cool..

12. t00|

t00| Member

The guys over at xda have already found an exploit to root :thumbup: there is now a tool mate up to do it for you and can also unroot :)

13. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

yeah BAD :/

I look at photos of both, sometimes the "champas" looks awesome, other times it looks horrible compared to the grey color.

I think ill end up getting a champagne, because the chrome bits of the dock wont stand out like a mofo, and because its more shiny :weirdo:

14. Sankari

Sankari Member

Champagne for me. Looks dead classy. :D

I'm happy to wait until the warranty's expired before I start tinkering.

Is anyone else concerned about the fact that the Prime becomes top heavy when docked? That sounds like a real problem. I don't want to spend $750 on something that falls over in a heap or drops off the desk when I'm trying to use it. :Paranoid:

15. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Well no, I was worried about the SD Card not being flush problem, the GPS problem, the Wifi VS Bt Signal problems, light bleeding problems, the.. etc. :lol:
    ty, for another to add to the list of concerns. :)

16. Sankari

Sankari Member

Now that you put it that way...

:Paranoid: :lol:

17. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

:lol:
    most of the issues I can live with, but if it really is badly top heavy with the dock that is a deal breaker :upset:
    reading a bunch of xda threads atm while I wait for listings to show up in aus :D

18. Sankari

Sankari Member

Trusted Reviews gave it an incredible 10/10, so I'm guessing those other issues can't be too bad. But the balance problem is a concern. Have to see if I can take a poke at it in a shop somewhere when it eventually arrives in Australia, then I'll be able to judge for myself.

19. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

yeah, i plan to get it from a B&M shop too, plan to run atutu tester on it straight away to ensure theres no problems with the screen and stuff.

also i read that the dock can give off a but if a buzz when its on charge, if you get this problem, just flip the power pack over on the wall point side so the asus logo faces down, apparently fixes it :lol:

20. Zee

Zee Member

So.. does this mean the issues don't exist? Or does it mean Trusted Reviews are not so... "Trusted"...?

Kind of sick of reviewers brushing aside issues because they have enough shiny bits to distrac them.

The GPS is still a farking PITA with my SGS2, and had I known, I would have skipped it and grabbed something with a GPS that works...

Z...