Atdec VFS-DV Dual vertical stand for 2711

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by retrobot, Jul 3, 2010.

1. retrobot

retrobot Member

Atdec VFS-DV
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys,
    A small review on this stand, in case anyone else was looking into a stand to support 27" vertically.
    Was having trouble finding a quad stand to fit 4x Dell 2711 monitors on, most stands that are available locally only fit upto a max of 24 inch monitors. Had to look at the detailed specs to sus out which ones could fit the dimensions and size of a 27 inch, and thus found this stand.

The stand plants itself on the desk, or it could just be the weight of the monitors making it sit solidly. Moving the stand around there was barely any wobbling of the monitor or the pole. The stand is not gonna fall apart with a few bumps or fall over backwards/forwards. Its made from die cast aluminium and feels heavy enough to hold both monitors, up to a max of 24kgs. Did not get pics of the stand naked when assembling, but hopefully the images can show the arrangement of it. When the next 2 arrive i might post up some pics of the stand alone and assemblage.

From about 1 metre away
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Highlighting the angled top screen.
    [​IMG]Side view.
    [​IMG]Behind the stand at the bottom.
    [​IMG]Behind the stand from the top.
    [​IMG]Some room to heighten the monitors some more.
    [​IMG]
    The top monitor can move up another 10cm, the top limit is around 3cm from the top of the pole. I put the bottom monitor all the way down the bottom cause looking up a lot might get painful.

Can take more pics if anyone is interested, or ask questions.

2. Spiff

Spiff Member

I've been looking at vertical monitor risers/holders/stands. Thanks for the introduction to Atdec. Mine are both 22". May I ask where you purchased this from? Is there a go-to place for these stands? I realise the typical computer store we frequent don't often sell these things.

ta.

3. OP
    OP
    retrobot

retrobot Member

Picked up mine from nexus technology.
    http://nexus.com.au/myonlinestore/index.php?cPath=51_233_235

You could probably find a cheaper deal from a local shop. Cant remember the distributer which the guy ordered from, but they had to be shipped from Queensland. IIRC the cost price from the distributor was ~200, shipping was about 30 each, so i couldnt bargain it down for multiple purchases. But anything below 250 is a good price. GL.

4. Spiff

Spiff Member

Thanks for that! I've looked around for the past few hours. The cheapest (not Laser branded) seems to be a place locally in WA called Skunkworks. They do a product called Polo 196 for $109. Pity it's not a free standing one, so maybe I'll mod it.

If it gets into the $200+ range, I start to ponder whether I should spend it on a 3rd monitor instead. Haha. The Dell 2209WA I picked up for $225 is such a steal compared to these poles, mounts and swivels!

I'm going to look into some DIY soon, but I really don't want thousands of dollars of equipment crashing down because I was too cheap to buy a proper stand. Hahah. :)

On the other hand, I seem to be reading lots of good things about Atdec/Visidec, so it's a good comparison and I might consider that too if I can find a good price.

--
    Update: I rang skunkworks. They're sold out and won't be having any more for a few months as they are redesigning. bummer.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010