ATLAS

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by joerandom, Dec 10, 2018.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

My misses, myself and all my friends (had a tribe of 18) all got over 2000hrs each, yeah real buggy lol.

I jumped into one of my server last week, it was fine.

2. OP
    OP
    joerandom

joerandom Member

I have over 2k hours, myself my mrs, brother and father play.
    It's the laggiest piece of shit I've ever seen.. I will agree not all servers as as bad as ours but ours are fucking shocking and everyone has left. I just have too much shit to move. My aberration one is ok.. My SE and Ragnarock is so fucked it's unplayable.

If we forget the lag on some shitty servers, it's still buggy, unfinished and lots of promises never came.

3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Why would anyone play 2k hours on shitty buggy unfinished server's?

walker_2003 likes this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

2000 hrs is alot of time for something u don't enjoy. Sounds like Atlas is for you haha

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    joerandom

joerandom Member

Unfortunately I enjoy the game even though its current state is shit. You can defend a turd all you like but that doesn't make it good.
    Yes maybe it's fun (sometimes) yes I spend a lot of time in my base breeding because the lag is so fucked I don't like going outside.
    You can't deny it had so much more potential, it's a real shame. If only someone else made it. Could have been legendary.

I also don't enjoy the stutter fuckfest Xplane 11 is in VR using Open GL, hasn't stopped my flying thousands of hours in jerky vomit inducing motion.

6. boneburner

boneburner Member

Ok so i've watched probably close to 30 hours of streamers, big and small, playing on a mix of private and public servers - and can state that yes, the game is an entertaining turd. The accusations of asset flip and cash grabs do have some merit - but my main question is how, after almost 2 years of development, could anything - even an Ocean mod or stand alone game in Early Access - be released in such a wretched state.

The game has so many issues - some more fundamental than others - that I cannot imagine this ever being whats advertised on the tin. Ark players will know this companies track record on bug fixes - and it aint good.

In good news, Steam has been issuing refunds for accounts that have over 2 hours playtime (whether that be actual play or just staring at log in screens) and in some amusing cases - issuing refunds to people even tho they didn't actually request them :lol:

No Man's Atlas 76 - an instant classic

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Ark never seemed to be this bad.

I did get mine refunded at just over 2 hours of play time. I kinda wanna get in but Ill just have to wait at least about a month or two for them to stablise the game moreso. I think they rushed for Xmas release when in reality needed at least a few more months work to differentiate more and become more stable.

This server seems reasonable for AU
    https://atlasserverlist.com/server/139.99.144.167:57577

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

9. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

oh man, take a look at all the twitch and youtube sellouts playing this right now. holy shit, its worse than fallout 76, i would rather watch someone play fallout 76 than play ATLAS.

conan exiles, rust, scum, tarkov, sea of thieves, why would you play THIS over any of them at any point of your life.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Cause if it was anything like the trailer it would actually be damn fun. People should have known better.

11. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

This is true!

They should ( probably do? ) have to give refunds if the game is not as they say it is. if it was upto me all EA games should have a price cap of 10 bux, or be free, because 90% of developers jumping on the early access games trope are doing it 100% just to make BIG BUX really fast and then just abandon ship, its happened with what, the last 5-10 games released lately, at least?.

its the biggest gaming scam of this day and age, but no one actually cares.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

BFV was 10000x better condition then this though at release.

shippuuden likes this.
  13. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Agreed, i mean at least with BF games, we know what we are getting, and we know its not gonna be THAAAAAAAAAAT bad in terms of features / optimisations, the only issue i usually have with BF games is the servers being laggy or crashing every hour.

but yeah as for atlas, i dont even think 6 months - 1 year worth of patches is going to make it worth playing over any other similar games, even going back to ark would be a smarter choice.

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

lol at comparing a game in it's first week of EA to a "fully finished" AAA title. Made my day thanks for the laugh.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah it is early access. Compare ark 1.0 to bfv 1.0 though. Apples and oranges in quality.

16. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Irrelevant that’s not what they were comparing.

17. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

LOL fully finished, good one.

18. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Doesnt mean its not false advertising, they should of been honest and said " its early access, here is some ACTUAL dogshit gameplay, Decide for yourselves if its worth buying yet"

Browser version of rust over 8 years ago was 100 times the game ATLAS is right now, Ark on release also 10 x the game atlas is as well. But if you want to support these criminal devs that literally exploit EA to make money, that is your choice ;)

19. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I don't support them because I am not an idiot, hence me not buying the game.... yet.

However these developers are far from criminal. Chris Roberts just called he wants his title back.

20. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

people are held accountable for selling a product not as described every day, what makes game devs immune to this?