Audioengine A5 $399

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by B4TM4N, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Opieo

Opieo Member

jealous of anyone who has these speakers. just sayin :leet:

2. mehkat

mehkat (Banned or Deleted)

3. Life_Essence

Life_Essence Member

They need a trade in program. Did they say variable outup for a subwoofer?
    That's all I'd buy it for if it did. I hate having to use the windows volume control to set the volumes as it doesn't go high/low enough and doesn't work when I'm in a few games.

4. Tendril

Tendril Member

Has anyone had a loud humming/buzzing coming from their speakers?

I had mine delivered the other day and after listening for about 30m they started to emit a loud humming sound, it is stopped by turning off/on and remain silent until they start playing anything but then the humm begins again - sometimes it even starts after 10-20m of playing nothing. The level of the humming is not changed by altering the volume level on either the source of the speaker.

I've tried switching to several different power points around my house, tried using a belkin surge protector, tried changing different inputs (happens from PC sound card, ipod and iphone). Once the humming starts even disconnecting them from the source doesn't stop it so I'm thinking it may be something internal - it continues with only the power cable attached to the left speaker (input/right/output disconnected).

Has anyone had any problems like this? I'm hoping there's a fix but it looks pretty dire because I'm in WA and postage back to pccasegear to RMA then will be way too expensive.

5. rowen

rowen Member

6. mehkat

Well looks like pccg have a5's back in stock at the end of the week, hopefully they will be the new revision. The a5+ are in stock on sites in US/Canada so they can't be far away. Let's just hope they don't palm off all the old stock our way

It's a pretty close call for me choosing between a set of a5's and p4's well there's no way I will by the old a5's

7. mehkat

the new rev isn't in the next batch but will be in another in 2-3 weeks so anyone up for buying some a5's it would be a good idea to wait.
    Don't know what the price will be though. Also maybe they will flog the old model off cheap

8. rowen

rowen Member

Cheers mate, good to know they are coming sooner rather than later!

9. Tendril

Tendril Member

Couldn't find any fix for this, the buzzing happened even when it was just the left speaker only connected to power. On the upside, pccasegear was brilliant with the RMA process - orgainsed courier pickup for the speakers and have been great with communication since. Great little business they have going.

10. Bertross

Bertross Member

11. zdream

zdream Member