Australia OC Ryzen Launch Competition - Sponsored by Gigabyte/AMD

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by newlife, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

Yeah I am sitting here trawling drivers for cards for XP. Dice this week with any luck

2. Acidsys

Acidsys Member

3. jordanhyde99

jordanhyde99 Member

I need to get mine modded :/ Will play around next weekend... have had no luck yet and get the XP running this weekend...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. shane41

shane41 Member

Respect guys :thumbup:
    It's a lot of time & effort.......learning that benchmark for the first time.:tired: Then dialing your machine in as best as you can to go fast.

So I've been looking at 3D2001se for a while now over many beers/ nights.Testing @ 4ghz my previous best was 85803. Last night I spent time on the
    8800 Ultra's to see what they liked. I do suspect x1 Ultra here though is less capable than the other. So after a few hours testing score went 85803 > 86043

Enough right :weirdo: boosted 240 points on my efforts. Not really sure earlier this week why the machine had a few freezes.....suspected Vcore or temps.
    Thought the e8600 was a sucky clocker based on that experience falling over on 1.5+V @ 4.3ghz.........boy was I wrong.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3496079...force_8800_ultra_99833_marks?recalculate=true

[​IMG]

5. macsbeach98

macsbeach98 Member

WTG Shane you got it up there:)

6. shane41

shane41 Member

Thanks man I am stoked. 1x dude in front with the 790i Ultra Sli. But he's way frozen. But the 99596 score that was my target.
    He has a stronger e8600, way stronger GTX285's
    http://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark20...d=motherboard_3864&cores=#start=0#interval=20

Only for the work that night, tuning the gpu's & I got over the top. My first x6 tests are strong. But number x7 nature is 120 points down.
    Attribute that to my processor just hanging in there with the Volts it had :Paranoid:

7. shane41

shane41 Member

8. Acidsys

Acidsys Member

9. ginger_nuts

ginger_nuts Member

Just for the record, I hate this stage of the comp's.

A week and a bit out, and not knowing if someone has more sand than you. Everyone eases up on submissions, not to give any clue away. People start chatting in the background, but then we only know each other online, how much can you believe them? When is too early to lay your best defense down? What happens if my ISP goes down, and I cant sub?

Hate it I tell ya.

*End Rant

10. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Even worse is when you have just finally completed one of your nicest loops with parts that aren't going to earn any points. NOT dismantling it for this comp. I've divested myself of anything old over the last year.. I had like half a dozen 8800's of various sorts, some nice 775 chips, and boards to suit all over the place.

I cant even pick up a couple older GPU's, like the 660Ti's I had not long ago, because I don't have a platform to put them in (unless I dismantle wifeys Haswell, but thats dangerous, and also ITX like mine so no SLi).

I could pick up an entire platform for cheap I guess.. but just for one comp which I know I have no chance of even coming 3rd in?

I need a permanent benching rig... :(

11. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

I am tinkering away and having fun relearning/learning some stuff. So far my best nets 0.1 hwpoints...... but I seem to have stuff that hits the 10 point range when running full speed. To be honest I will be chuffed if I net 100 points total and all of my points will be gotten in the last few days.

12. ginger_nuts

ginger_nuts Member

See I have a couple of CPU's left but they are only above average. Not exceptionally strong ones.

But I seem to be extremely time poor lately. Wife is saying this weekend should be quite, but so was last weekend and i got nothing done.

13. shane41

shane41 Member

Get more caffeine into ya & start looking at Egypt travel brochures :p

........and that's why it can be expensive to compete. Hardened OC'ers here have a fair amount of parts stashed.

To be fair Paulie from the outset of reading the requirements of the comp....
    I can get within 2% of these guys scores till they go frozen. Previous comps we have done here.

That's too much time on the 4790K to not be in the running. 5Ghz vs 6Ghz.
    Still the 790i rigs here cost a fraction of my Haswell systems, so I'm prepared to give them a proper thrashing :leet:

14. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

15. Acidsys

Acidsys Member

16. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

I'm out as well, net is speed capped and I've given this a decent run :)

Thanks Ben, Dino and Giga for putting this on :thumbup:

17. sskmercer

sskmercer Member

Well done so far to Acid and NKOTB (jordan') some good scores there. I wish i had time to paticipate but have been needing to look after the little guy and his surgery. I might get to have a few XTU runs in before end but that's it.

18. ginger_nuts

ginger_nuts Member

A few = 3 right?

Please no more than 3

19. shane41

shane41 Member

It's almost the last week, nothing to worry about right :rolleyes:

edit. Also Ben please fix my scores, sure I might have amassed a MASSIVE 3.6 points now :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. sskmercer

sskmercer Member

Maybe a couple more. It's all about timing and if i can get it done with Jensen that's all. I have my 6700K and the SS would help with legacy stuff but that's it.