Automatically connecting to Bluetooth Speaker

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by Madengineer, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Howdy guys,

I use a bluetooth speaker with my PC, but it never automatically connects to it. Anybody know how I can set it up so it does?

Cheers

2. FNQer

FNQer Member

update BT drivers? change BT adapter?

it does that with my JBL BT speakers, where I have to unpair, then pair 'em again with PC, each time. every other device simply stays paired with the same BT spkrs.

3. Groff

Groff Member

Windows 10?

If you have a Win 7 machine see if you have the same issue.

koopz likes this.
  4. FNQer

FNQer Member

if you're using a BT dongle - change its USB port?

i recall I solved an issue by changing the dongle from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 port - but that was a signal interference issue rather than this pairing issue.... and such issue would effect all BT devices....hmm.

so, you connect other paired BT devices to your PC, and it automatically picks up everything else but the BT speakers?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah it's just with the BT speaker. Phone connects fine.

I can check it in another port. That's not really a fix for me though.

Sorry about the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications people had posted in here :(

6. FNQer

FNQer Member

maybe try another machine running same OS version, w10 right? see if the issue recurrs when you run BT spkrs & dongle on a different machine? at least you know it might work on your current machine, if it does on another machine.

what BT spkrs are they?

7. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

It will come to me as soon as I finish posting, no doubt, but I remember reading recently that some device, which one I don't remember, would probably not work in a USB 3.0 port, and if it didn't, it was more compatible with USB 2.0 and should be moved to a USB 2.0 port. I wish I could remember which device, I don't have that many devices !! Perhaps I was researching some device I was looking at buying online, I have no idea. It might be worth trying the receiver on a USB 2.0 port? Not sure why its not really a fix for you, unless you need super transfer speeds from your phone...

EDIT:

I knew it... 30 seconds after I posted. I've been researching a small soundbar to replace the horrendous speakers which come with my ViewSonic VA2719-2K. I don't need anything flash, but at the moment my bluetooth headphones, sitting on the desk instead of my head, sound better than the monitor speakers !! Because of this, I've been looking at el cheapo small soundbars, rather than taking up desk space with some speakers. I mostly use my Microlab T1 headphones, and my bluetooth is integrated with my wireless, and never had an issue, but there are times I'd like to share what I am listening to, so some kind of speaker option is needed.

It was in the blurb that came with one of those cheap ( under $200) soundbars, which had optional 3.5 cable or bluetooth connection, that said USB 3.0 may not be suitable for the bluetooth and I should use USB 2.0 instead.

TL;DR Try a USB 2.0 port if you have one. It may not be a fix in your eyes, but it will answer your question.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  8. koopz

koopz Member

JBL have made some great speakers over the years...

though they are a long way from staying in the market now that wireless connectivity is expected from quality brands

These guys will never be on the same current playing field as Sonos or HeOS

ditch them dude... we did the same with Yamaha a few years ago. It hurt, but it was for the best going forward

Denon/HeOS is hanging by a mere thread I notice. They're in need of a miracle.

All good things die.

((( BTW - Peter... sorry to hear about your cat dying )))

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I the Bluetooth speaker I have isn’t a Jbl portable speaker. Mines a highish end Sony speaker bar and dedicated sub.

Btw who’s peter?

10. koopz

koopz Member

unsure OP ...

who is Sony?

11. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Ok so interesting thing, nothing will even connect to the speaker via Blutooth now. Not even my two phones :(

I think it might be faulty.

12. FNQer

FNQer Member

was it a faulty speaker?

13. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I dunno I think it might’ve been how I used it. I never actually turned it off, it did an auto off after like an hour of being left on with nothing playing.

So I entirely unplugged it (disconnected power) and it seems to be working fine now. But it was a bit weird.

14. FNQer

FNQer Member

so, you were saying it's all functioning as it should, now? that's good news. seems a hard reset on the speakers did the trick, rather than BT driver issue on the PC, huh.

Madengineer likes this.