AVP3 Ban lifted in Australia! Game reclassified as MA15+ Woo Hooo !

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Riddick187, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Coopz

Coopz Member

Atkinson has got to go, whats a hit cost these days? Maybe a fun-run or other popular form of charity drive could be organised to raise funds?

I seriously dispise that fucking imbecile.

2. seamer

seamer Member

Well, the thing is, right...

Sega can say 'its for adults' and fill it full of blood and gore and tits and whores, and that's fine. The board is seeing all 'games' aimed at 'everyone', even if there is an m15+ rating.

They know if they allow certain r18+ games through, stellar parents of the year will let their kids play anyway without really knowing what is in the game (stellar parents). Once the local priests realise what the game is on about, they'll have a huge media uproar, the board will be blamed for allowing the game to be released, and then there will be the typical knee-jerk reaction from the board. Cyclic.

I've dealt with the US ESRB board as part of my daily duties, I can see both sides of the fence.

3. jcorney

jcorney Member

you fail at civics. your enthusiasm is to be commended though

4. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  5. heller44

heller44 Member

You are deluding yourself if you think that a few emails will change the matter.

The decision has been for the lowest common denominator, stop it being sold so kids can't get it, or so they think. Obviously it won't stop anything, but they get to be seen taking the moral high ground. It is all about appearances, lots of mom and dad voters out there will agree with the sentiment because they are not willing to take the responsibility for raising their child upon themselves. Lots more of them than there are of you, fraid to say..

6. Noonoo

Noonoo Member

As with other banned games, namely L4D2.
    Why is it the responsibility of the board to govern good parenting?
    Good parents will do a little research and find out whats its about before letting there young children have it.
    Whether duped or not, and especially if there ia a large Blazened "R +18" rating on the front. If that doesnt spruick up a parents curious nature of whats good for there children, I dont know what will.
    Why you are trying to point out what parents should and shouldn't do?

If the morons are breeding and making bad decisions, may as well have licenses when people decide to breed.
    Its ludicrous.

As a father of 3 children, Im well aware of boundaries that need to put in place, monitor what the kids do, what exposure of material they get a hand on. etc etc.
    But this is the friggin 2000's, everything if they can't find out at home, is readily in the hands of there friends. And that is where the fault lies.
    The parents. Whether ignorant or uneducated.

But yet I have to answer to some bearucrats who don't have a clue, are out of touch with current times and like to treat the parents like children whilst in some misguided view trying to protect the children.

As with L4D2, I'll be getting my entertainment unfiltered, untouched and yes from an overseas source.

7. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

8. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Hello uncle torrence or everyone's favorite play-asia. :Pirate:

9. Lasmi

Lasmi Member

Sadly true...so why don't we try to just bribe him support the democratic process and donate money to his re-election as that seems to work great for other industries? It'll only be a few bucks each given how many gamers there are. If that fails surely a female gamer (or male?) could take one for the team and get an incriminating stain?

:Paranoid:

10. lowdog

lowdog Member

Michael Atkinson is just a self righteous fuckwit. Listen to his speal about "it's just a minority of zelous gamers" who want a R rating implemented. That statement alone just shows how off track and un informed the mans thinking is.

Never said it before in ragards to anyone but I wouldn't mind it at all if he just droped dead on the spot right now He is the sole reason that we don't have an R ratings in games in Australia.

11. redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Ahoy pirate bay. If you pricks wont let me legitimately buy games in Australia then I will just have to ............................ :weirdo::Pirate: Heck, the government is helping me save money!

12. Sundarjee77

Sundarjee77 Member

I cant get over how much of an asshole Michael Atkinson is, how the fuck can somebody like him ever be put in a position of power? IMO what he is doing amounts to treason, which to me is only punishable by execution.

13. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

I had to laugh when Atkinson said that it was only a small minority of hardcore gamers who wanted the classification change. Umm... doesn't he know he's the minority? He's the only person standing in the way of common sense.

Also; who is he to tell me that it is 'inappropriate' to play gory games? Personally, I think it's inappropriate to go to Church to speak to imaginary friends but I don't wield the power to stop and entire country from doing that, Atkinson.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  14. glimmerman

glimmerman Member

I fucking LOVE my torrent sites.

No such thing as censorship.

15. Lasmi

Lasmi Member

Just watched that video...

"This is a question of a small number of very zealous gamers trying to impose their will on society and I think harm society. It's the public interest versus the small vested interest." - Michael Atkinson, the only AG holding out against all the other states in hopes of gaining conservative support for re-election :rolleyes:

attorney-general@agd.sa.gov.au
    agd@agd.sa.gov.au

Telephone: (08) 8207 1723

16. Coopz

Coopz Member

Only retarded grandmas and over protective parents will vote for this tosser...

17. Smegger

Smegger Member

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

steam has it listed for feb 2010...gifting anyone?

19. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

After Rebellion's stance I most certainly will be having it gifted from OS. As I said earlier, NZ server pings are just fine here.

20. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I finally got a posted letter back from his department yesterday, but unfortunately I left it at work.