Aywun RADI A1-V4 CPU Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Mau1wurf1977, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Got this cooler the other day and had a play with it. It's a very cheap budget cooler.

Will it be good value? Check the video!

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

honestly, having a 3 pin fan is better. it's more compatible and there's a good chance that the fan probably rattles with pwm control anyway. undervolting fans is usually more graceful.

good review, if somewhat, slow? it's not a live stream so there's always time to plan everything and cruise through it fast :D

3. OP
    OP
    Mau1wurf1977

You should see my 3 hour+ Roland MT-32 tutorial :)

I'll be reviewing an Arctic Cooling budget cooler soon. Might make it a bit more compact.

4. LostBenji

LostBenji Member

I use a V-10 version of this and for the money it cost, does OK. The speed controller is just a generic used by a lot of vendors however, the one that came with it had a bad issue of squealing at lower speeds on bigger slower fans (likely fan-fail alarm). The heat-sink section is anodised black and avoids moist air corrosion common to areas closer to the coast like I am (farken hate being this close to sea and the high humidity).
    The part that lets these down is the base, they have used the idea from others to crush down and grind the heat-pipes on the CPU die contact area. Sadly, there are large gaps between these pipes and they fill it with an aluminum block that does absolutely fark-all good. On the average s775-s1155 CPU, you only get three out of the 5 pipes in contact. AMD CPUs have a bigger IHS (integrated heat spreader) but due to the supplied MB mount bracket, the cooler does not sit square on top of the die....

As I said, 30 buck cooler, can't expect huge but it does keep my 8150 @ 4.0GHz nice and cool with SFA noise.

5. OP
    OP
    Mau1wurf1977

One of the coolers was really loose after re-mounting. I switched them out for Arctic Cooling 7 Pro Rev 2. A much better product.

6. simmo2302

simmo2302 Member

I got one of these for my 1090t as a short term solution, until i got my water cooling up and running (i bought the 1090t as cpu only)... it handled the heat reasonably well. could have been better if they made it push/pull configuration.

now it is just sittin here collecting dust lol.